“Meh. ”
Review of Riverpark

Riverpark
Reserve with OpenTable
Riverpark is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #561 of 14,811 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 20 - USD 30
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Kips Bay
Cross street: 1st Avenue and the East River
Transit: By subway, take the 6 train to 28th Street By bus, take the M15 bus northbound on 1st Avenue to 29th Street. If headed southbound take the M15 on 2nd Avenue to 28th Street or M34A 2nd Avenue to 29th Street.
Description: Located on a unique garden plaza with romantic East River views, Riverpark represents a dynamic culinary destination in Manhattan's Kip's Bay neighborhood. Riverpark reflects Tom Colicchio’s overall vision as a restaurateur, and showcases the restaurant’s own urban farm just feet away from the kitchen. Riverpark’s modern American menus change daily, highlighting seasonal ingredients from local farms, Greenmarkets and Riverpark Farm.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

It has been years since I’ve been here. Beautiful space designed by bentel and bentel. The last time I was here I remember dinner being outstanding. My lunch was mediocre and not worth the trip out east.
I had the carrot curry soup as a starter which was nice and inventive. The fusilli pastry with chicken reminded me of something I would have made in college. Tough pasta (not al sente), mediocre sauce, gross chunks of sweet potato. Not worth the trip or the price.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Love this restaurant-always reliable great time/food/ambiance. Great/class act bartenders when waiting for table and staff always look to special occasions, best view, outdoor seating available and special events like movie and dinner, Bourbon and Beefsteak event was a blast-great group table/seating.....

6  Thank mmktg
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Had an exquisite overall dining experience at Riverpark this past Saturday evening. Our server, John, and the rest of the wait staff, were beyond exceptional. Each food item was carefully and tastefully prepared. The atmosphere is inviting, the views breathtaking, and it's location is close to downtown on the waterfront. I had the roasted standing rib roast for two, and it was absolute perfection. The wonderfully seasoned sides of roasted radishes and Brussels sprouts complimented my beef perfectly. Again, John, and the rest of the wait staff made sure every detail was perfect....an unforgettable experience.

7  Thank Kevin P
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

I have no idea what's different, but this is not the same place I enjoyed a couple of times in the past.

We had a pre fixed menu due to restaurant week. I don't recall the names if the dishes, but I recall the salad was good, however the main dishes which was scallops which I had seared instead of roasted came with a short hair... seriously unpleasant.
For desert I ordered rocky road (which wasn't memorable) and salted caramel ice cream (which was totally bland).

The prosseco I ordered was delicious, I think it was a rose.

All in all disappointing. The manager apologized foe the hair, and didn't charge foe the 2 drinks, also gave a 20% coupon (I'm not going back). Interestingly, 4 different people in a period of 10 minutes kept interrupting us to check in how things were, of course, no one was around when the hair was found.

Pros: gorgeous location

1  Thank demandingthebest
Reviewed 30 January 2018

My husband wanted to host a spontaneous dinner for our family of seven including three kids. My daughter and son in law knew this restaurant from previous visits, it was new to my husband and I. My daughter said it was a Tom Collicchio restaurant.
While my husband and I were not familiar with the name, it soon became apparent that it will be a great choice.

And It was a wonderful choice, indeed. Since we did not have reservations and were worried that they will not be able to accommodate our large party when we called that night, it was not a problem when we arrived. Maybe because it was a cold Monday night and the restaurant was not very busy.

We were warmly welcomed and asked if we were celebrating a special occasion. Yes, we were! To start, we ordered pink champagne to celebrate the birth of a baby girl the night before in the nearby hospital. My son's and his wife's firstborn.

The staff saw that we were all smiles and in celebratory mood. They gave us enough time to linger over the menu. The kids were served their different choices of pasta dishes first, while we had our appetizers.
The men had oysters and raved about them, my daughter loved her chosen salad and I enjoyed a delicious crab salad that could have been a meal in itself.

For entrees, my husband had steak and said it was excellent, done to perfection.
I was not all that hungry, but the roasted chicken (and I never order chicken) was truly out of this world good. I could not stop talking about how good it was, even though I could barely manage to eat half of the portion served. I am not sure at this point what the other two adults in our party had, my guess is they both had fish. The wine they chose complimented the food well.
We did have desserts and cheese at the end, the kids wanted ice-cream.

The staff was wonderful and very accommodating to the children. They made our already very special evening truly wonderful.

For the finale they brought out a complimentary plate with a large celebratory chocolate dessert with a candle. Of course we all loved it. Great picture to remember the evening !

This restaurant offers fine dining at its best, expect New York prices for top notch dining. We learned who Tom Collicchio is. A celebrated chef ...

We visited in early January and I just saw an amazing offer advertised for end of January/February as part of the restaurant week in NYC promotion. Makes me want to go back....

But we will definitely return to the restaurant in warm weather to be able to dine outside and enjoy the wonderful views this restaurant is known for. And bring with us the brand new parents we had to leave behind on that cold but wonderful January night:)

The restaurant is just a short walk from the NYU Medical Center.

9  Thank Wenovo