“Lunch was delicious...worth the price.”

Tre Otto Restaurant
Ranked #4,513 of 15,868 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 18 - USD 65
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: East Harlem
Cross street: Between 97th and 98th Streets
Transit: 6 train to 96th Street. Madison and Fifth avenue bus, 96th Street stop.
Description: The Cangiano's embrace family tradition in the food business that dates back to 1919, when grandma Cangiano opened her first Salumeria, stocked with the freshest Italian products. Tre Otto was opened in 2009 by Louis and Lauren Cangiano, the 4th generation of Cangiano's providing New York with authentic Italian food prepared from family recipes. The restaurant offers a casual inspired lunch menu as well as an elegant dinner menu that reflects the best traditions of Sicilian food. In the twenty plus years that Louis and Lauren have lived in the Carnegie Hill area, they have always searched for a neighborhood Italian restaurant that felt warm and welcoming - an extension of their own home - where the food was superb and where the atmosphere was magical. They believe that you will find this at Tre Otto.
Reviewed 19 May 2017

A lovely italian restaurant near Mt. Sinai Medical Center and the Museum of the City of NY and other great sites in this neighborhood. Comfortable seating, delicious food, very good service. Try the Octopus salad appy.. was amazing as was the dried fried and Gorgonzola cheese salad w/ chicken (had an Italian name that i'm forgetting.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

With not many choices after visiting the Museum of the City of NY, we stopped in here. The menu is typical of many local area restaurants. The drinks were good and well made. Salads were fresh,but not very large. Main courses were just okay. I would say it is adequate, nothing really bad but nothing special either.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Ordinary menu, grasping prices for mediocre wines, defeaning acoustics, trashy sound tape, murky lighting.... all the usual NYC suspects

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

Working at Sinai this week and walk past every month when I do ...
today hasn't eaten since early am and thought pasta sounded good - I was asked if wanted front or back of restaurant - told the hostess it didn't matter - was lone patron in back - which was totally cool with me - but then ignored after seated. Another couple was seated about 5-7 minutes in - and they received water and bread before I.
Big mushroom addict so went for meatball app and fettuccini fungi...
The 4 small meatballs had a slice of mozzarella over them - and I needed a knife to get through them ... not my kind of balls.
The pasta was fresh and lovely - but really - only had sautéed mushrooms on top - no real flavor otherwise -
They took all of my plates - and offered dessert after quite some time - and then was even more waiting for my check - and then more waiting.
Sometimes I don't know if it is because I am solo - but then - I do go to wonderful places where don't feel so ignored -
Oh well -

Lauren C, Owner at Tre Otto Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

Hi Eileen,

Thanks for your honest review. It goes without saying that our goal is always to aim to please. When someone falls through the cracks its very upsetting. I am so sorry that it happened to you. I wish I could be there every moment of the day to make sure things like this do not happen. With regard to the meatballs...we were preparing them with only top quality, 100% beef. Having said that, if you do not mix with pork and veal , they can be tough. We are in the process of changing the recipe as we speak. What I can tell you is that my husband shops for all of food and he very selectively chooses all of the products. He only buys the freshest products and has a very keen eye. I hope that you will re visit and if you do, ask for Louie.

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Lovely menu... small restaurant but delicious food. Perfect dining spot when attending meeting at Mount Sinai meeting. Don't pass up this place.

Lauren C, Owner at Tre Otto Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Thank you so much for your review. It means so much to us that you enjoyed your experience and took the time to write about it!