Ways to Experience Inside Out Tours
from USD 45.00
from USD 57.00
from USD 35.00
2,426 results
All reviews underground railroad brooklyn bridge dumbo tour walking tour great tour uncle jeffrey chocolate shop slavery tour gospel music street art tour slave trade burial ground guide matt new york ny pass highly recommend this tour an excellent guide
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Three of us signed up for this tour with varying degrees of knowledge about slavery. I had studied it as part of my masters so found it interesting. My friends were listening intently at the beginning but we're not as keen during the last hour. It was a long tour at 2.5 hours. Would recommend it to be more immersive and engaging or change to 1.5 to keep the momentum up. At times our guide got a bit bogged down on dates and names rather than the content. Some parts were fascinating so removing some of the more mundane content would leave it an excellent tour.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I took 7 students from my school on this tour. We had Ludie as our tour guide. She was AMAZING! Not only did she teach my students about the Harlem Renaissance, she worked really hard to make sure to connect the present issues to the past. She was knowledgeable, friendly, and engaging. She knew so much about Harlem and about black life in America. My students adored her. As an all girls school, I was so proud that my students (and my daughter) had this phenomenal woman to look up to. I can not say enough about this tour! It was so informative and inspiring. We LOVED Ludie!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We did this tour on a beautiful sunny day in NYC and it was fantastic! We got to know the really great story behind Brooklyn Bridge and had a walk around the neighbourhood Dumbo! I recommend this tour!

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Matt was great in the brooklyn bridge and DUMBO tour. A lot of information said and explained in a smooth way.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Ludie was a brilliant tour guide for the Slavery and Underground Railroad Walking Tour. On the bitterly cold day that we had our tour, her wealth of knowledge was what kept us going. Although the tour was almost 3 hours, we stopped to hear Ludie speak about the historical relevance of each landmark, so we weren't walking for the entirety of the time. I'd suggest booking on a day that isn't particularly cold, as that was my on my downfall.