“Lower east side street art tour”
Review of Inside Out Tours

Inside Out Tours
Ranked #107 of 670 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Inside Out Tours specializes in "off-the-beaten path" cultural exploration of New York through bus and walking tours. Established by two native Brooklynites and licensed NYC tour guides, Inside Out Tours highlights establishments that locals frequent, exploring the rich food, history, architecture and culture of NYC. On our tours, you do not simply observe from a distance but you can meet the locals, explore beautiful boutiques, taste the delicious food, hear local music, view artwork from artisans and explore historically significant sites.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

the tour was very interesting and we learned a lot about street art, graffity and the history of the Lower East Side. Would participate again.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Write a ReviewReviews (2,323)
All reviews
"new york"
in 313 reviews
"ny pass"
in 32 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 41 reviews
"an excellent guide"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Three of us signed up for this tour with varying degrees of knowledge about slavery. I had studied it as part of my masters so found it interesting. My friends were listening intently at the beginning but we're not as keen during the last hour. It was a long tour at 2.5 hours. Would recommend it to be more immersive and engaging or change to 1.5 to keep the momentum up. At times our guide got a bit bogged down on dates and names rather than the content. Some parts were fascinating so removing some of the more mundane content would leave it an excellent tour.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I took 7 students from my school on this tour. We had Ludie as our tour guide. She was AMAZING! Not only did she teach my students about the Harlem Renaissance, she worked really hard to make sure to connect the present issues to the past. She was knowledgeable, friendly, and engaging. She knew so much about Harlem and about black life in America. My students adored her. As an all girls school, I was so proud that my students (and my daughter) had this phenomenal woman to look up to. I can not say enough about this tour! It was so informative and inspiring. We LOVED Ludie!