“Favorite Hyatt Property”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Favorite Hyatt Property”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed here for a weekend and I have to say this is an incredible property. Excellent location at the heart of Manhattan, with chic rooms and decor, and almost an entirely free mini bar (excluding alcohol). Every hotel I stay at is now compared to the Andaz on 5th. I will spring the extra monies next time I visit NYC.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 September 2012

First time at this Hyatt property, as a Diamond HGP, received an upgraded suite... it was a massive hotel room... separate living room, sleeping area, hallway with with a lot of closets, and huge bathroom. Included a 'pantry' area with microwave, sink, near full size refrigerator (all items comp except for beer and liquor), and nepresso coffee machine. A few quirks though in this room... the light controls were 'touch pads' and aside from being senstive to the touch (turning lights on/off that we didn't want), the control pad for the bath room was in the hallway, which meant hunting down the halllway in the dark to find it, press it and peeking into the bathroom to find out if on or not (w/o bathing the sleeping area in light). Also, there is no door between the WC and the rest of the bathroom... so when one of us had to use the loo, the other had to leave the bathroom (did i mention that the bathroom is huge, so in theory, more than one person should be able to use at once). As a note, no newspaper is delivered to the room (which was odd as when i was walked to the room by someone from the staff, they asked me for my newspaper preference). Wonderful location if one wants to spend time in mid-town, which is exactly what we wanted to do.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I thought I had walked into an Apple Store with the funky check in area! Fab service and loved the extra touch of a glass of wine during check in.

Loved the view of the library and being so close to Bryant Park. The service is great, and bathroom was wow. Highly recommended

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
MD
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Assumming luxury at its best. Upon checking into the lobby I was greeted as if I was a familar . I arrived approximately 1 hour or more prior to my check in time. The person staff person who greeted me was very apologetic that my one room suite was not yet available. He stated excitely that I would be very pleased with him because he had an upgrade for me. We were offered compliminatary beverages while we waited and someone appeared from nowhere to take our laugage.

The update was a two bedroom suite. Wowwwww!!!! I had a bedroom and full bath to myself. The bathroom; marble and glass and more marble and glass in all of the right places. The shower; water. . .water . . .everywhere. This place was well appointed I was travling with my two daughters for my eldest daughter's 13th birthday celebration. Every detailed was taken care of with class and style. From every angle there was a great view from the floor to ceiling windows. With all of this, I still felt like I was right at home but only with my own private staff 24/7 hours a day.

I am looking for an excuse to go back again. My youngest daughter stated that she did not want to go back because she stated that "nothing could match this".

Pricey but well worth it. This is my New City place to stay.

Room Tip: My sure that you have the address handy if you are taking a cab. I believe that this is a relativel...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
NJ
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Unfortunately this was a quick visit and we only spent one night at this Hyatt property, but it was perfect. The standard King room was small and cozy - typical for NYC, but the windows were huge and our room faced the library. Beautiful view. There are suites available, but the standard room suited us just fine. This is not your typical Hyatt-it is more like a boutiquE hotel. The whole property is VERY quiet, the staff is helpful yet subtle, the decor is soothing, sleek, modern and minimalistic. The Bar Downstairs was very hip and the food was delicious. The bathroom was very large-the best feature was the extra large shower. Tile and glass with foot bath, handheld shower and rain shower features! My only complaint, if it can even be called a complaint, is that the lighting in the bathroom was a bit too dim. This is by far one of the best Hyatt we have stayed at, and since we are Diamond members, we stay at a lot of Hyatts. A great choice if you want a change from the "big chain feel" of most Hyatts.

Room Tip: Ask for a library view.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family