“Great even for those with 'little cameras'”

New York City Photo Safari
Book In Advance
Manhattan Architecture Photography Tour
Central Park Night Time Photo Tour
Iconic New York Photography Tour
Ranked #19 of 635 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Want to take home great photos of your NYC visit? Join NYC Photo Safari for a unique photographic experience to sharpen your photography skills. Led by published industry professionals, our photo walking tours of New York are for small groups & individual photographers; from beginner to advanced amateur levels. You'll take home skills and memories for a lifetime.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 February 2012

As a complete novice, I showed up with my "little camera" (a very simple Canon Elf digital camera), and was at first intimidated by the high-tech equipment some of my classmates came with. But, with Zim's expert instruction, I soon learned that I could do so much with my "little" camera. I loved learning how to visualize and set up a shot. It was like learning to see the world in a whole new way! This photo safari was a great bargain for how much personalized instruction with a world class artist that I got. I highly recommend this for all, "big" or "small" cameras alike!

There are newer reviews for New York City Photo Safari

Reviewed 31 January 2012

started the NYC photo safari "Madison Square Park" in a small class and Zim as a knowledged teacher. she gives very good feedback of your taken pictures and is very flexible in what she is doing. i learned a lot about my camera, the lenses and the technology behind.

and after this tour i'll allways remember... rule number one: don't shoot the squirrels :)

Reviewed 31 January 2012

This class was excellent. Spent about 2 1/2 hrs at the Metropolitan Museum in NY learnig to use light with digital cameras. Great instructor and very helpful.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

Me and my friends decided to visit Central Park in a very different way: through a photography course, or, more specifically, a photo safari. It took a morning, but, not only we walking along many beautiful places in the Park, but also we learned a lot about photo shooting. In a few ours, Zim, our instructor, tought many ways of taking pictures and really capturing the moment. I loved it and highly recommend this course!

Reviewed 17 January 2012

I went on a NYC Photo Safari with Zim, and we did the Museum Inside Out: The Met. They keep the groups small, so there is a great deal of interaction with the instructor, and a lot of 1 on 1 is possible too. Zim was great; very enthusiastic, knowledgeable and a great teacher. I learned a lot, and I will be able to apply my new knowledge to my future photos. I want to take another class!!