“Best boutique hotel In New York”
Review of The Nolitan Hotel

The Nolitan Hotel
Ranked #167 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

We just came back from NY where we stayed one week at The Nolitan, where we felt at home with a personal and sensitive treatment from Stephanie, Sherieka and the rest of their great crew. They recommended us the best things to do or restaurants to go. The deco of the lobby and the rooms are perfect, minimalist and comfortable. And great taste. And the best mattress and pillows of the planet. And the view and the terrace with small tables to have a drink and relax also very cool. Everyday we found chocolates in the room and a little reception in the lobby with wine and some cheese and snacks. The location is also perfect, close to little Italy and Chinatown and in between the east side and the west village and close to the metro and far from the noise and the crowds of middtown. We loved it and we definitely will come back to The Nolitan next time around!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Bogdan D, General Manager at The Nolitan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Thank you for your review Julia M! Your words are kindly appreciated and will absolutely be to Stephanie and Sherieka. They will be thrilled to hear! Our staff are really an incredible group of people!! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the simple yet minimalist features.

Please email me directly at bogdan@nolitanhotel.com for a special rate for your next stay!! We do hope to welcome you very soon :)

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

The Nolitan gets so many things right! Excellent location, friendly staff, a mix of modern and urban design. Flares of Italian amenities like wine, cheese, olives and crackers platters served in the lobby. A perfect start to exploring the many restaurants near by. I love the see through shower. There is a courtesy curtain if you need it. The bed is super comfortable and the sheets crisp and soft at the same time. The balcony is great to observe life below as you sip your coffee. Breakfast is provided downstairs. Perfect weekend in a great location.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nansi P
Bogdan D, General Manager at The Nolitan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thank you for your review Nansi! I am glad to hear your stay exceeded your expectations! We have just restarted our 'Sips and Savories' hours with wine and delicious bites! It was and still is a guest favorite :) I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed it as well.
The balcony rooms are just one of the amazing aspects that make the Nolitan what it is!

We hope to welcome you again in the near future!

Reviewed 18 November 2017

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of our trip after returning from Philly and I can't believe we didn't stay here the week earlier.

We booked directly through The Nolitan's website and from the get-go were incredibly impressed by their processes. Check in was a breeze and the lovely staff suggested we check out the rooftop for views - which were, as promised, not to be missed.

We had a neighborhood room on the 7th floor facing Kenmare street and noise wasn't an issue. It was lovely to get a glimpse of the Empire State Building each morning and evening.

The room was what I consider to be standard NYC size and we were really comfortable in it. In a big plus, the toilet is separate from the rest of the bathroom so there is plenty of space in the bathroom itself.

The bed was really comfortable, the design was sleek and fun and the turn down service (closing of blinds, slippers out) was a nice touch Everything was very clean and tidy. The lobby sitting area is as gorgeous as it appears in photos and if we had longer there, I would have no doubt I would have hung out in the space a bit longer.

Location is AMAZING, I loved being mere steps from the beautiful streets of Soho and Nolita, it's really my favorite part of the city. Absolutely take the stroll down to Maman on centre street for morning pastries and coffee! The subway on Grand street was just a few blocks away in Chinatown.

I can't recommend this place enough, I would book again immediately.

Room Tip: We were in room 703 and loved it
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katiekatie119

Thank you for your review Katiekatie119. Your kind words are appreciated :) I am delighted to hear that your short stay with us exceeded your expectations!! Our rooftop is such a beautiful spot to relax and take in that one of a kind skyline view. Our staff work diligently to ensure that our guests have a memorable and pleasant stay!

If you come back to NYC please contact me directly at Bogdan@nolitanhotel.com and I will be sure to extend a special rate :)

Reviewed 14 November 2017

The service at the front desk alone made my night and day. If it wasn't for Michael M____ I don't think my problems would have been solved it amazed me how some one could be so kind hearted especially in New York City

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank stevenellison2

Thank you for your review StevenEllison2! I am thrilled to hear to you had a wonderful stay with us. I will absolutely be sure to pass on the kind words to Michael!

Our staff work diligently to ensure every guest has a pleasant and comfortable stay from the moment they step through our blue doors :)

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

I chose the Nolitan because I read great reviews and I needed to be close by for a work event. Location is great - near Soho & Little Italy. Check-in was easy, friendly and I got a room earlier than I thought which was nice because I got into city early in the am. The first thing I noticed when I walked into the room was spotted dirty windows. Rooms are small, but typical for NYC. Toilet was not with sink & shower - it’s in a sparse white closet with broken floor tile. Some good attention to branding/detail (slippers, robe, etc). I lied down to rest before going out and woke to a maintenance man walking into room to check the shower. Didn’t knock...he quickly apologized and left. (Not sure what was wrong with shower - worked fine later). Rooms are VERY noisy from street traffic, but they supply ear plugs if you ask. Beds are comfy and air/heat is quiet. There is no restaurant or room service - but all literature and website still says there is. Coffee and some pastries are served in the lobby. I booked the trip through Tablet Plus which offers an upgrade, a bottle of wine & some other perks. They had no record of it so I didn’t receive any of those things. Was a little annoyed, but that may be a Tablet Hotel issue. Not sure I’d stay again. Nice front desk staff but, the overall vibe is a bit depressing to be honest.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Jennifer V

Thank you for your review Jennifer. I do apologize that your stay was not up to par. Regarding the issue with the engineer entering the room, he had checked his system prior to heading up and it was deemed vacant. Your original room was not ready and the Manager on duty moved you to the room you stayed in upon check in. That is why the situation occurred. Everyday our engineers check all rooms to ensure things such as showers, toilets, TVs, etc are working properly. Regarding the restaurant, our website does in fact say that services are suspended. This is directly from our website: "The Hotel restaurant as well as in room dining services are temporarily unavailable. Please contact the hotel if you have any questions. Apologies for the inconvenience.". Nonetheless we do apologize for the inconvenience as it is currently under renovation and will be back up and running very soon. Regarding the Tablet Issue, there seemed to be a miscommunication somewhere along the line. Upgrades are based on occupancy on the day of arrival so it is not always guaranteed. I did speak to the manager on duty that checked you in. He stated that although your Tablet status was not clearly stated in your reservation he extended the 2 pm check out and bottle of wine (wine was declined).

Once again we do apologize for the your stay not meeting your standards and hope you give us another chance in the future.