“great staff! best location!”
Review of The Nolitan Hotel

The Nolitan Hotel
Ranked #151 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I spend 4 great nights in the Nolitan, you have everything at walk distance. Yes, it's true that the rooms are small(like most of NY hotels) but are really comfortable, I recommend booking rooms at upper floors and dont miss the incredible view at the terrace(..and carry a bottle of champagne to drink there). I WILL BE BACK!

Room Tip: upper floors, and if you can($) corner view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AdrianKek

Reviewed 27 November 2012

Lovely hotel in Nolita. Perfect for those wanting to wander around soho and lower east side for shopping and restaurants. Also perfect to avoid touristy midtown NY. Really nice service and very friendly staff. The rooms are small but perfectly formed. 10 minutes cab ride from Williamsburg. Nice roof terrace with beautiful views. And they give you champagne in reception from 6 to 8 every night. What more do you need?

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank The_Vargian
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We've stayed at a lot of the mid-range options in Manhattan, The Roger Smith, The Mansfield, The Algonquin, The Shoreham, The Iroquois, On the Avenue etc. - so we have a good idea what your money buys you and the service you can expect, generally not much!However, I'm happy to say we highly recommend the Nolitan after a recent five night stay.

It was an excellent experience and we were very happy with the choice. I didn't make it to the modest free breakfast but we very much enjoyed the wine and snacks in the evening, generously from 6-8pm, thanks Joy! The staff were uniformly pleasant and several times gave me a cup of tea (at no charge) when asked as there was no tea in the room. I appreciate the tea and coffee in the lobby till noon.

The room was relatively small but this is typical for NY and it was better designed than most. I liked the open shower (which made the room seem larger) and the separate loo. Loved that they had Red Flower products - thankfully paraben free!

The location is wonderful, close to several subways, Soho, Chinatown, Little Italy and the LES, we loved it. Yes it's on a fairly noisy street so you'll want a room on a higher floor. This is worth paying for. We're looking forward to staying when the rooftop bar and the restaurant open I just hope it doesn't get too much more expensive.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank anthropology
Reviewed 26 November 2012

This was my first trip to New York and after doing a bit of research I booked a room at the Nolitan. It ended up being exactly what I was looking for. There is lot to do in the neighbourhood and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. When I visit NYC again, I'm sure that I'll be staying at the Nolitan.

My only regret is that I didn't go up to their rooftop patio until my last day. It was nice to be able to lounge on one of their couches and give me feet a rest after 3 days of walking across the city.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank casktapper
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Cozy hotel with comfortable rooms. Ours was in a corner with an outstanding view. Great location within walking distance of great eats, shops, galleries and subways. Took advantage of their available bicycles for free! Great ambiance and excellent service. Loved their daily afternoon complimentary wine and cheese. They accomodated every request we made. In short, there is no reason not to stay in this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family