1,017 results
All reviews williamsburg bridge kenmare street balcony room lower east side new york yoga mat wine and cheese rooms are small manhattan skyline the empire state building walking distance street noise restaurants and shops rooftop terrace turn down service every evening continental breakfast
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Just spent 8 nights at this hotel for the second time. It continues to deliver on the hip location (just East of Soho), cool rooms with a modern industrial feel that somehow is still warm and appealing. The staff is very friendly and the free internet, wine and cheese in the evening, continental breakfast in the morning are all "gravy". The restaurant downstairs is being renovated, which cramps the lobby but hopefully will soon be done, and the roof terrace on the 10th floor is indeed a very pleasing asset with a great view of the Manhattan skyline. The price, while not cheap, is probably as good as it gets in this part of the city at this level. Access to the 24 hour gym is a 10 minute walk through the interesting part of Soho.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2012

i thoroughly enjoyed my stay. rooms were small but nicely organized so didn't notice space. large open bath. had a room with a balcony. nice to sit outside and relax. rooftop lounge area is great and peaceful. nice views of the city skyline. i found the staff to be very pleasant, and willing to help without being invasive. you are staying in a neighborhood which is part of what i love. this is not an uber tourist section instead you are hanging with the locals. nice restaurants in the area. easy access to several subway lines. i had some challenges with wifi on my notebook. the front desk helped resolve quickly. there is continental breakfast in the morning (loved that coffee was served in to go cup) and wine/cheese/fruit around 5. didn't get to enjoy every day but nice to have as an option. i'll definitely stay there again on next nyc trip. same cost as some of those cheezy tourist nightmares in times square but ohhh so much better!

Room tip: get the balcony
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Cori_ATX
Reviewed 2 September 2012

If you've ever dreamt about living in downtown NYC but missed out on that life experience for one reason or another (like me), this is your chance to do so without breaking too much of your budget. The Nolitan is one of those contemporary, luxurious, yet uber-low-key boutique hotels that you really don't want the whole world to know about. From its location to its service to its well-appointed rooms, everything is perfect. We were lucky to have one of the upper-floor rooms with a balcony, plus a beautiful view of the Empire State building and Williamsburg Bridge. Head to the rooftop with your complimentary breakfast or glass of wine and soak in the NYC skyline. Unlike some of the hotels nearby, there really is no "scene" here, which was really great for us. Our vacation just ended but we already miss our stay at the Nolitan...see you next time!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank stetienne2
Reviewed 31 August 2012

The Nolitan is in a convenient quiet location if you want to be in the lower east side. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They not only stored 4 very large suitcaes for us but even helped us move them to our child's apartment a block away! The linens are very nice and the bed is comfortable. Overall, the hotel is fresh and new and the staff is eager to please.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Staff was extremely helpful and very courteous. I had a couple of issues that were resolved well but two things had not been resolved. I did not get a newspaper each day, and did not have any turndown service on the second night. I arrived for the CB at 9:30am only to find nothing left but yogurt. Second day the bagels were stale. In addition, turndown service did not include tidy up - garbage not removed, glasses not replaced. I did ask about the turndown service, but I recieved no response to my query. I did love the location, the room was fabulous and the people were terrific. Loved the rooftop terrace as an oasis of serenity! Could have been a little cleaner up there.....no garbage can provided so folks just left their garbage. I will consider the hotel again, as these issues are easily fixed and not a deal breaker for me --- a request was sent for my feedback and I am looking forward to see if these issues are resolved for the future.

I would definately consider booking this hotel again, the rooms, while small, are well organized, comfortable and very clean. I had the neighbourhood corner and it was truly lovely! Well appointed, huge tv - lacking a lot of tv stations though for NYC. Nice electronic amenities, free bikes and skateboards although I am not one to take my life into my hands and bike around NYC!! Traffic is a disaster at all hours. The neighbourhood is very safe - I walked alone at 1 pm at night and did not feel uncomfortable. Serviced by many subway stops, tons of amazing restaurants - this property could not be more well located to see the heartbeat of NYC!

A new addition is "Happy Hour" at 6 - 8 pm - I missed it on Staurday as I had to leave early for dinner and the theatre, and it is not available on Sundays.

Check out the fabulous little organic wine shop across the street - don't miss the great eats and night life in the LES - try Stanton Social --- trendy but really good!

• Trip type: Travelled solo