1,014 results
All reviews williamsburg bridge kenmare street balcony room lower east side new york yoga mat wine and cheese rooms are small manhattan skyline the empire state building street noise restaurants and shops walking distance turn down service great shopping continental breakfast every evening
Reviewed 27 June 2012

4N,3D stay in excellent location. especially enjoyed view from rooftop and morning coffee from outdoor balcony. service was exemplary.

Room Tip: select room with balcony if you want to experience sounds and smells of LES
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank david r
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I was in New York for business in early June. This was my first time at this hotel. The service was outstanding and attentive. My room was small, but elegantly laid out, with attractive furnishings.

I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank J D
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I was on a quick overnighter for a spa and shopping day in Soho and the Nolitan was absolutely perfect for it! The service was super friendly, the wifi was free, the mini bar had 3 dollar beer and Soho shopping with Little Italy food are all on the doorstep. It was a little awkward to not have a door on the shower room since I was there with a friend, but it would be perfect solo or as a couple. Overall, lovely.

Room Tip: Lower levels may have some street noise since this is in Soho.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank flaggster
Reviewed 24 June 2012

we enjoyed our stay very much. its a truly luxurious hotel in nolita near little italy, soho and chinatown. staff were extremely friendly and accommodating and made our stay unforgettable. great views, too. I can highly recommend to stay there on a special occasion!

Room Tip: I would go for a room on a higher floor for a truly amazing view, I believe they are more pricey but the roof terrace is for free to visit!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James D
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I found The Nolitan thanks to Jetsetter.com, while I was looking for a different and new place to stay on a recent weekend escape to NYC sans kids. While we left them at home in Miami Beach- we thoroughly enjoyed our weekend in NYC thanks to The Nolitan and all the comforts of our home it offered us.

The location is amazing especially if you love downtown NYC neighborhoods such as Soho, Nolita, LES, West Village and Greenwich Village. All are within a 10 minute walk- if not less. You have amazing amazing restaurants and bars around you- all buzzing til early hours of the morning and you have amazing little indie owned shops filled with unique fashion, art and tchotkes.

The charm of the surrounding Nolita neighborhood spills into the warm walls of this hotel. The staff are all SUPER SUPER NICE! The doormen are my new best friends. Always smiling and genuine in their manner. They make you feel comfortable- like the best of friends do for you.

Architecturally- the interiors boast simple finishes such as exposed concrete walls, fabric wall panels, Serge Mouille chandeliers and a sunken library lounge to check out some cool books. Rooms are small (typical of NYC hotels anyway) but offer all the comforts you need. The mini bar is affordable and well stocked- and so are the snacks! The showers are open/exposed- so you don't feel confined which I love- and the bathroom is stocked with Red Flower toiletries made with love, right up the street. The beds are heavenly soft with down pillows and best of all check-out time is 1pm- which was helpful on my hungover Sunday morning of departure.

My husband was thrilled to take out a house skateboard and explore NYC on a Saturday morning while I got my beauty sleep. He was stoked to be able to skate along the West Side Highway and through the streets of the lower east side.

They are currently having a new restaurant operator come into the ground floor dining space- but the continental breakfast is quite delicious!!! Big fluffy english muffins, super delish granola and mini pastries- all super simple and yummy.

All in all- a hotel review is relative to who reviews it- so it's good to know that we are also very laid back people; both from design backgrounds- so we value good and simple design when constructed propertly; detest cruises, Disneyland and anything conventionally touristy or 'group oriented'; and love urban living and delicious foooood! So for us- The Nolitan was heaven.

Since our May trip, I have been back to The Nolitan a few more times, on my own for work- and will continue to stay again and again. I now consider it my home away from home- in all it's minimal, laid back, urban, comfortable glory...

Room Tip: Pay a little more for the room with the TUB. It's worth it!!!! Be green- leave the noisy AC off- turn up the cool fan instead.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple