1,017 results
All reviews williamsburg bridge kenmare street balcony room lower east side new york yoga mat wine and cheese rooms are small manhattan skyline the empire state building street noise walking distance restaurants and shops turn down service great shopping continental breakfast every evening
Reviewed 18 November 2011

This small hotel is fabulous. Visually it is appealing it is clean design and this translates into a comfort through and through. The service is practically instant when you need something and the security and friendliness of greeters, bellman, front desk is something you cannot find at most hotels in NYC. The cost is reasonable for NYC rates, but you get so much more than staying at a large hotel. The food is great - I recommend breakfast in your room or in the lovely dining room that if full of light and modern design. If you want to hang out in the lobby, you have comfy recessed seating and wi-fi! Wi-fi for the whole hotel, makes is easy.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Sarah E G
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I have stayed at the Nolitan on two occasions. On the second stay I ended up in a top floor corner room with incredible views of downtown and the Brooklyn Bridge. Quite an experience. Furnishings and finishes are top rate and the little restaurant downstairs, while not worth going across town for, offers a tasty selection of culinary delights. Pretty good martinis, too!

Overall, I would recommend this hotel. The only caveat is trying to get a cab. For some reason it can be quite a challenge to get a ride...we had to hire a car to get to the airport after the bellman spent 15 fruitless minutes trying to hail a cab.

If you are in the design biz, or appreciate good design, I would recommend giving it a try...

Room Tip: Forego the balconies...the neighborhood s too noisy anyway. Ask for a room on a high floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark L
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Best thing about this place is the friendly and engaging staff. The location is a little off beat, but fun. Good skyline views from the upper floors. Be sure to grab your camera and check out the views from the roof deck.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank DavFalls
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Attention CoolHunters:
This is really a hidden gem, though I doubt it will stay hidden for very long. A fun, beautiful, elegant and low-key boutique hotel. Top quality luxury at a reasonable price. We stayed here with our toddler daughter, and had a wonderful time. As hip and modern as this hotel is, I can tell you it is very kid-friendly! We found a lovely crib waiting for us when we arrived in our room! The rooms are not very big, but the design is such that you feel very comfortable and the incredible views give it a really open feeling! Because of the hotel's location, even on the 5th or 6th floor, you have panoramic views of the city!
The neighborhood is amazing; probably the selling point of this hotel because there aren't any other properties of this level in the area. It is located at the south end of Nolita. Therefore you walk a block to the cutting-edge chic of Nolita. Otherwise a few short blocks to Soho. But then head south into the maelstrom of Chinatown! A grungy (though completely safe) incredible neighborhood of sights, sounds, and smells. An unlimited selection of great and cheap Chinese, Malaysian, Vietnamese restaurants and groceries. We found ourselves heading south more frequently than north!
The staff at the hotel were amazing, clearly they were still getting organized as it was newly opened, but so friendly and helpful!
The hotel provides lovely slippers and robes, and there are even hotel skateboards available to borrow!
100% recommended!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Eric D
Reviewed 2 November 2011

The best part of this hotel is that it is brand new! While the wood floors and clean lines of the hotel just accentuate the freshness of this place. I took my boyfriend here for his first trip to NYC and after long flights and lots of walking he thought the place was perfect. The rooms aren't expansive, but in terms of NYC they were perfect. It was bright and cheery in the room, and there was room for us to lazily dump our clothes and packs all over the floor and still maneuver around. Something that isn't always possibly in NYC hotels.

Moreover, the front desk was attentive and even let us check in early. Maybe she felt bad for us...we were sweating and carrying around daypacks.

The doormen take a bit of time getting used to but they were incredibly friendly. The hotel may look nice but not once did I feel any attitude. Moreover, they let you borrow video game consoles, bicycles, and even an iPad (incredibly useful to look up nearby restaurant reviews, etc).

The air conditioning can get noisy. But there is a ceiling fan that cuts the noise and keeps you cool. Trust me, my boyfriend is one of those people that gets hot when it's 50 degrees outside, and he was more than happy (during our August stay).

I'm not sure if they still have specials up to entice new customers since it's a new hotel. But it might still be worth a try. Just head to their website and see if they still have some specials up! Without the special rate, the price would have been a bit steep. Since in my opinion, the hotel does lack in terms of view: we had a room with a balcony but it's more like a catwalk and the view was of some auto shop. But it is a great location: lots of fantastic restaurants nearby: Chinese, pizza, Italian, bars, etc. There's tons of markets and shops to explore, and it's in walking distance of practically everything.

I notice that some people complained of noise, but not for us. I mean it is NYC there is a certain amount of street noise that is inevitable in my opinion especially when you're staying at a boutique hotel that has less than a dozen floors. The sleep we had was peaceful. The beds and sheets certainly helped. Not only was everything comfortable and fresh smelling, the pillows were fantastic. Usually my boyfriend complains about pillows being too soft and providing zero support, he was a happy camper. While I feel in love with their red cashmere throw.

The reception on the TV was great. I was actually surprised at the image quality.

Finally, the whole room has an open scheme. If you're taking a shower you can be seen from the bed and vice versa. It really made the room seem bigger and in NYC anything that makes a room bigger is a definite plus.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor. Try to get a balcony room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple