“Everything you want to know about Broadway!!”

Broadway Up Close Walking Tours
Ranked #14 of 639 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Have you ever wanted to know which Broadway theaters are haunted? Are you curious to know what a Broadway "swing" is? Have you ever heard about the ghost light? If so, then this tour is just for you! "The Great White Way" has always been a world full of mystery, tradition, history and spectacle. Now, you too can learn all there is to know about Broadway on our two hour tour. All of our guides are working theatre professionals and will share stories and anecdotes from Broadway!
Reviewed 11 January 2012

This tour was fascinating, I thought I knew Broadway, but I learned so much more. There is so much history about Broadway that just made this tour the best ever…It is a must do on your next trip to New York City!!!!

1  Thank girlscookin

Reviewed 6 December 2011

I took a trip to New York City with my Mom to experience the sights and sounds of Broadway. We discovered this tour and Trip Advisor and, because I love theatre history and buildings so much, we decided to take the tour. We lucked out , since the weather was beautiful for Decemeber!

Tim, our tour guide, knows his stuff! He had so mant interesting stories about the theatres and history of the industry in New York City. I love hearing the many ghost stoires and the many crazy characters who graced the stage in New York. Tim was very sweet and enthusiastic about theatre. It was fun talking about out favorite shows!
I highly recommend this tour to everyone!

1  Thank Rachel K
Reviewed 28 November 2011

My friends and I took this tour Nov 18 and had the best time. Tim the tour guide was awesome. So friendly, funny and most of all informative. The guy really knows his stuff. I have been to NY many times and to the theaters often but never knew all the hidden stories behind them. I will now look at them in a whole new and exciting way. You can't go wrong taking this tour. If you love Broadway do yourself a favour and sign up for a tour next time you are in town. And take it even if you live there.

1  Thank Marg1951
Reviewed 28 November 2011

My 16 year old Granddaughter and I took this walking tour. The weather was bad and Tim offered to cancel the night before. We told him we were looking forward to his tour and that we considered it a highlight of our trip. My Granddaughter especially loves all things Broadway. We were extremely happy with our tour. Tim was knowledgable and obviously tailored his information to the people on the tour. He happily answered questions and shared "insider" information. The tour was interesting and the time flew by. My Granddaughter includes this tour as one of the highlights of our trip - along with the Broadway shows we attended!!

I would highly recommend this tour to anyone.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Our family has a long history of love for the Broadway theaters and productions. I contacted Tim on Thanksgiving Day and received a prompt reply to my inquiry. Tim was able to schedule tour of Broadway for the following day, just as I requested. Tim was incredibly amenable to working with our multi-generation group. He spent lots of time sharing interesting anecdotes about the theaters and performances held there; he also shared plenty of insight about current Broadway ongoings with all of us. Tim was pleasant, patient, and knowledgeable. I highly recommend this tour for any group interested in the Broadway theater. It would be fun for families, friends, corporate or school groups. Thanks, Tim, for a fun post-Thanksgiving afternoon!