“An amazing visit to a memorial for those who perished and to those who rescued ”

The National 9/11 Memorial & Museum
Ranked #4 of 1,195 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Through commemoration, exhibitions and educational programs, The National September 11 Memorial & Museum, a nonprofit in New York City, remembers and honors the 2,983 people killed in the horrific attacks of September 11, 2001, and February 26, 1993, as well as those who risked their lives to save others and all who demonstrated extraordinary compassion in the aftermath of the attacks.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This site of the WTC is one I won’t forget, it brings back memories I will never forget on that fateful day. I was in London at the time and remember it well. The museum is an absolute MUST. To see and believe what happened was eye opening to say the least. The tour guide John was outstanding in his knowledge of the events of that day.

You just have to see it to believe it, truly amazing to see it from what it was to what has become of the events after 9/11. The site down I the lower basements of the old WTC is something else.

Well worth the money and to honour those who served to assist and in the rebuild of the site.

Write a ReviewReviews (80,985)
All reviews
in 4,418 reviews
"names"
in 5,181 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We did a guided tour and it was worth it. Then we spent another couple of hours just wandering around this amazing museum. Well worth visiting this and the area around it, including the reflecting pools.

1  Thank bradndeb2016
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This is an extraordinary museum. The attention to detail and underlying thought to design and setting is amazing. Sympathetic in honouring all involved. A reminder, that even in tragedy, there will be good people doing their best.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I was a little worried the memorial would be done in a way that wold leave me devastated the rest of the day, but that was not the case.
Extremely well done and I am planning on returning when I visit NY again.

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My wife and I visited the 9/11 Museum and were blown away by the quality of the experience. It was clearly well-planned and the items on display were thorough, well-organized, and in some cases quite emotional. I suppose it was more meaningful for us because we live within line of sight of what were the Twin Towers, but I can't imagine anyone not being moved by the exhibits. I would also consider it to be an excellent learning experience for older children. We strongly recommend taking the guided walking tour and buy your tickets ahead of time to avoid waiting in the long lines. The only thing that was disappointing to hear was the fact that the overwhelming majority of visitors are foreigners and US visitors from outside the tri-state area. So if you're a "local", get out and go. You won't regret it!