All reviews lower east side katz's deli front desk lady brooklyn bridge great location room was clean small room new york beds les chinatown subway nyc memorial microwave
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

I had been very busy at work in the city and decided that the following day to just book a hotel room and stay over since I had to be at work early the following morning.
I decided to try Groupon to find a hotel, and am not sure why I did not check TripAdvisor to comb through the reviews before booking. The pics looked decent and I was looking for something quiet and this looked like a nice peaceful place where I could relax and unwind. I saw that only double rooms were advertised and the rate was $122.28, so I thought that should be reasonable for a clean and decent room, so I took it.
Upon my arrival, I was greeted by a polite young lady and check in was a breeze. However, upon arriving to my room, I realized it was freezing so I turned on the heat and waited for approximately 30 mins for it to heat up so I could remove my coat and take my shower, but that was not happening so I reported it to the front desk and the young lady promptly assigned me to the room directly that one which was room 501. The heat worked pretty good and after my shower I was happy to be just into bed. When I lifted the cover I immediately noticed long strands of hair on the pillow and the bedsheets and upon removing the top sheets I realized there was blood on the mattress covers and what seemed like other bodily fluids. Both bed in the bedroom was filthy! Very filthy and I just could not believe that they would present this to a guest! I was horrified!
I got the towels from the bathroom and covered the bed with the less hair and slept a few hours and left.
I told the gentleman who was on duty what had happened and he said I should call to speak with the manager and I called and she placed me on a forever hold and just didn’t see the need to call back.
Whoever owns this property needs to get a grip because this is certainly not acceptable. How can they make up a filthy bed and pass it on to another guest as if it’s normal?
Every time I think about it I honestly feel nauseated.
I just wished I had read the TripAdvisor reviews like I always do.
I know I own it to my fellow travelers to give my honest opinion and here it is.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank NativeNYorker
Reviewed 8 January 2018

Whatever you do DO NOT STAY HERE!! I am fully aware that most rooms in NYC are small and honestly, that was not the issue, it was that the room smelled moldy and the closer we walked towards the air conditioner, the damper the carpet was. In addition, when we complained, we were told it was from the room below. It was not until my niece went down and sternly demanded that check out the room, that maintenance was sent up. Turns out the AC had been leaking. We also did not have nay towels so we called and they brought us two; a hand towel and bath towel. The man who brought them said they were still doing laundry. By the 3rd day of our 5 day stay they moved us to another room. It was much better and even had towels. I must admit the staff were all very nice and did what they could for us, but it does need some work on how a hotel should be run.

Room tip: Make sure you get a room in the back. There are many bars on the front side.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank MsEmmalee
Reviewed 10 December 2017

This was a very interesting hotel....we generally stay in Times Square when we go to NYC to be near the theaters, but after touring the Lower East Side with the Tenement Museum last year we decided to try this location. And the location of this hotel is terrific - right down the street from Katz's deli on one end and the Tenement Museum on the other. Easy access to interesting shops, restaurants and the train. But during the day you don't realize how lively this area is at night - tons of nightclubs, bars, etc seemingly appear out of nowhere! Fortunately our room was in the back of the hotel, otherwise I think the noise at night would be overwhelming. We had a room with 2 double beds, and basically the 2 double beds WAS the room. Amazingly tight, but with a full-size bathroom, thankfully.

Room tip: Get a room in the back!
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank enelramgold
Maria N, Director of Sales at Redford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Dear Enelramgold-

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to submit a review regarding your recent stay. We're thrilled to have learned of your recent experience with us as well as enjoying the neighborhood. I will definitely share your comments with the team and we look forward in hosting your future stay.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

What an awful disgusting hotel. Lobby is in shambles. Front desk attendant nowhere to be found when you need to check out, but chatting very loudly in the lobby enough to wake you in the middle of the night. Everything was dirty and falling apart. Would NEVER stay again I don’t care what Management has to say. Disgusted.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank jflo1384
Reviewed 29 November 2017

I spent 3 weeks at Redford Hotel and I would like to thanks for all the support I had. Besides the localization is amazing, close the subways, cleaning bedrooms, the service that their provided me was above my expectations.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Miriam-

Thank you for your email!!!!! We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Redford Hotel. We take pride in the customer service we provide to our guest and we greatly appreciate your kind words. I will definitely share these comments with the team and we hope to host your stay in the near future.