“Nice chicken burrito”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Cross street: Hanover Square
Transit: 4/5 to Bowling Green 1 to South Ferry R/W to Whitehall Street J/M/Z to Broad Street 2/3 to Wall Street
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Came for lunch and had the chicken burrito which was very good. Guacamole was a bit too spicy to my taste but still good. Prices were alright, and service was friendly. A little noisy and dark but it was part of the feeling of the place, I thought it was fine. Nice place overall.

paulwithis, Manager at Mad Dog & Beans, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thanks JonnyLux360

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

If I could piss on stone street and mark it as my own territory I would. Abundance of good varied choices. Just like any dog playing fetch I keep coming back for more. Mad dog & beans was a new one for me. Big portion texmex went down a treat at lunchtime. Word of advice for management- get some beers on draught.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

I recently went to Mad Dog and beans with a night out with my family. We started with the guacamole. This was the best guacamole we have ever had! A must have! We also had some fajitas and a burrito. Also very good! We did have the margaritas tower to wash all of the food down.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Vibrant atmosphere. Lots of people having a good time. Really Good guacamole. Service is noticeably slow. Food is average other than the guacamole. 3 stars is a bit light but it isn’t 4. So 3.5.

paulwithis, Manager at Mad Dog & Beans, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

Thanks Pdaele

Reviewed 22 July 2018

After a long, hot day of sightseeing, we stopped here for drinks (Sangria, yum!) and had some nachos. We love the outdoor dining on Stone Street and being that we were in Battery Park, it was a perfect place to stop on our walk back to our hotel.

Being that it was Friday mid-afternoon, it was pretty busy, so we were seated at a table that would seat 2 comfortably, but was set-up for 4 and "divided" with these little bench-seat dividers. So, it was no surprise when they seated another couple at our table...however, I couldn't help but feel a bit claustrophobic, which is not something that typically bothers me. Honestly, we might have stayed for dinner had it not felt so tight at the table.

Hey Chicagokmk,
We're glad that you enjoyed your visit, except for the seating.