“Classic American lunch”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Dropped in having read reviews and wasn’t disappointed. Between the three of us we had a Philly cheese steak baguette (absolutely delicious and full of flavour) as well as a classic club sandwich (full to the brim with turkey) and a mushroom omelette. All were served with their home fries which were really crispy. Our waitress was attentive without being intrusive, we also had two beers and a pelligrino. The food was good, no doubt about it, but the $50 price tag was a bit of a surprise for what it was. Would definitely come here again for breakfast (the pastries looked amazing) but might think twice as a lunch joint. It should also be noted that there were a lot of New Yorkers from all walks of life in attendance, which is testament to the quality of the place.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Was on trip to NY with wife and kids and wanted them to experience authentic American diner breakfast. This place didn't disappoint. Attentive staff, great pancakes, eggs and bacon and plenty of coffee. And good value. It was obvious after a while that there were plenty of locals eating there, which is always a good sign.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

we stopped here twice for breakfast as it was at the top of the street we stayed on. omlettes are lush as are the poached eggs and porridge. very good service and a very good price. staff were very attentive although the blonde lady on the till who i think may be the owner was miserable not like the rest of the staff who were talkative and attentive and very polite

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Have been here a few times and it’s always been excellent. This time I had an omelette with potatoes and a side of corned beef hash it was lovely but the size of it I struggled to finish it. Great service and very clean nice looking diner.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

I stopped here once, on my recent visit to NYC and I was very happy with the service I received. When I arrived, I took a seat at the counter and very quickly served with water, coffee and juice. I ordered 2 eggs, over easy, with home fries and 2 rounds of toast. The food was very good, as was the coffee and the service was excellent. The bill was less than $8, which I thought was great value. I ate at Penelope's, just down the street, the following day, and was charged over $21 for a very similar meal.