New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Andaz Wall Street

Andaz Wall Street
Ranked #80 of 477 Hotels in New York City
Seattle, Washington
“Nice amenities, but not worth the high costs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

As many other reviewers have stated, this property is a great location for Wall Street, has friendly "hosts", great coffee, wine each evening in the lobby and free mini bar items.

What's not too great is the room itself - mine was hot (they hadn't turned on the air for the season so there was no way to cool it down overnight), the lighting is terrible, the TV takes forever to get through all the intro screens, and the bathroom floors/walls are really starting to show the wear and tear.

I requested a quiet room away from the lifts so noise wasn't a problem.

I would stay here again if the price was right, but next time I suspect I will explore other local hotels that might better represent the four or five star standard.

Room Tip: Request a room facing Pearl Street to less street noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank anchmer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

We stayed in a room which was so hot and couldn't sleep the whole night.

We ordered dinner from the Restaurant . The Quantity they serve for the price not worth.

Would not recommend this Hotel.

Can't beleive this is one of Hyatt's!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Shiny396
FOM-AndazWS, Front Office Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Dear Shiny396,

I was terribly disappointed to read that we failed to provide you a room that was not cool enough. We are trying to manage the constantly fluctuating outside temperatures versus the temperature indoors with our air conditioning system. That being said, I sincerely empathize with your frustrations and cannot apologize to you enough for your room being uncomfortable.

While my apologies cannot reverse the experience you had, I truly hope you’ll accept mine and return to us at Andaz Wall Street. Should you choose to, please reach out to me directly so I may make sure you are properly taken care of.

Warm Regards,

David
Oakton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

I am a former New Yorker who just wanted to stay in a hotel for a change instead of crashing at a relatives. LOVED this place. New, clean, near everything, the employees went above an beyond, etc. On top of that tho, the design of the place was so modern, so sleek, so chic that I felt like I had paid 5x as much.... I honestly didn't want to leave the room. One FYI - I asked for a non smoking room and got it, but I was right next to smoking room. But it was as if the person was in the room with me, it got so bad. It happened after midnight so I know there was no chance I could move at that point. I would most definitely go back but I would absolutely request to be put far away from a smoking room. (Also, this was a very last minute booking, so maybe it wasn't an option.)

Room Tip: See above...far from smokers!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank steffo65
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

My mother and I celebrated my birthday at Andaz. We stayed 3 nights in Andaz Suite. After booking, I telephoned the hotel reservations and inquired if it was possible to upgrade us to a large Suite and was told that only can be done if initially booked through Andaz directly. To my surprise our regular Suite was larger than any hotel room we ever stayed in. We had corner to adjoining walls of windows with beautiful view of Wall Street and East River. We stayed on the 9th floor, the only thing about this room and I read about it in one of the review that that particular room has faulty heating system and instead of heat it releases cold air, so for the winter I would ask for this room on a different floor. In my case being a survivor of 911 Terrorists attacks I cannot tolerate heat and home live without putting heat on, so it worked for me just fine and air is good as I have difficulty breathing.

To sum it all up the entire stuff of the hotel bar none. The property unmarked, love it. Clean, great decor, Wall street style. My dream was to work on Wall street. But to vacation on Wall Street was a unexpected surprise. The restaurant although little bit on a salty side had great food and not overpriced. The hotel price you should expect to pay more, LOCATION.

Regarding the bathroom and the mirror. Our corner TV had mirror on the other side, which is one thing I had never seen staying in 5 stars. And that mirror faces window. Plenty of light day or night to put make up and do your hair and for guys to shave. Need magnifying mirror just ask for it. Otherwise, the tub was almost the size of that in mercer and it is for two.

Recommended attractions in the area. Battery Park, Liberty and Ellis Island. Enjoy Sea Port and even take a walk on Brooklyn Bridge. If you want to have a view of Manhattan, Brooklyn Staten Island, New Jorsy, and Governor, Liberty Ellis Islands and at the same time to learn everything about you see, take yellow taxi from pier 17 in Sea Port and wallah.

One thing that I was impressed with is that I actually felt that I owned apartment in the luxury building.

Take advantage of complementary coffees served 24/7, my favorite Late and complementary wine in the evening. Don't forget to tip the guys and girls at the pantry, they will layout their heart for you and if you tip or not they will be there to rifill your glass or make tea or coffee for you. Loved all of the Lobby guys and girl.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank et49589
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

Due to flight issues we arrived at the hotel very late in the evening. The staff offered us a friendly welcome and after hearing of our flight delays upgraded us to a club room.

The room was lovely, with all mod cons. The bathroom was amazing with a bath rub the size of a small swimming pool.

Not the greatest location for tourists, however within walking distance of Battery Park for the Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island. Quite close to subway so Midtown is only a few minutes away.

Would definitely recommend this hotel, as the value for money was outstanding.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple