6,150 results
All reviews port authority parole office times square free laundry new york full size fridge fridge freezer bus station small kitchen never felt unsafe the breakfast area bagels complimentary breakfast lower floor hell's kitchen few blocks coffee maker
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Hotel staff were friendly and room was cleaned nicely. Bar is pretty poor and the barman didn't give change - Why??
But the worst things MG is the neighbourhood. My company any stick me here - god knows why! 40th street and 9th avenue is directly behind the Port Authority bus station which is known in Mew York as an absolute hell hole. I have seen more beggars in 3 nights than half my life.
Clearly this is not the hotels fault BT if you are a single woman or not as substantial as I am, it would be very intimidating.
I feel for the staff but cannot recommend the hotel because of the location and the bar has a crap selection and the barman was a rip off artist for just pennies. Why??
Not recommended!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Junkmailnick
MPuz16, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2017

Dear Junkmailnick,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are delighted you found our staff to be friendly and our hotel to be clean! We certainly take lots of pride in both of these departments.

However we see you were less than satisfied with the location of our hotel. We are located in the heart of Hell's Kitchen- a stone's throw from Times Square- and right across the street from Port Authority. New Yorkers call this area charming. I'm sure the hustle and bustle and eclectic personalities of the bus terminal can startle some out of towners, however NYC is the safest big city in the entire USA! We are right by the best restaurants, the most famous sights and all of the major subway lines-that's something that cant be beat!
We do hope you'll give us another shot someday!
Thanks,
Melissa P
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 9 March 2017

Trying to find a reasonable place to stay in New York City takes time and patience. I happened upon Staybridge due to a deal on one of the many travel sites. Wow!

West 40th Street is a typical NYC street and we were a bit nervous driving in the city. This hotel was easy to find. We doubled parked while I found the doorman to ask if I had time to check in while remaining "parked". He offered to bring our items in while I checked in. Great guy.

Check in was quick and easy and we were given instructions where to park. After given an easy to follow map, we were off again to park our vehicle. Be sure to get your ticket from the parking garage to have it stamped by the hotel for $35 parking for 24 hrs. Believe me, this is a deal for NYC.

Once we arrived back at the hotel and gathered our luggage, the reception clerk explained morning breakfast location and they also offered a free reception that evening with snacks and beverages. He answered a multitude of questions about NYC and the best way to get around to see sites. He was very friendly AND very helpful.

There were three elevators and they were relatively quick considering the size of the hotel. We were on the 23rd floor. Rooms were very clean and I was pleased that the room had a mid-sized refrigerator (with ice maker), microwave, two-burner stove, sink and fully stocked with kitchen items (dishes, pots/pans, silverware, etc.)

The kind-sized bed was heavenly and the bathroom was tiny (typical NYC) but was still very easy to maneuver.

We didn't arrive back to the hotel until the wee hours of the morning but the hotel was very quiet and we found it easy to sleep not being disturbed by noise, etc. Room was a comfortable temperature but I was a tad confused by the wall controls and the controls on the unit itself. I must have worked through it because we were fine.

We did not attend the reception the previous evening because we had dinner plans with friends. We did stop in for a few minutes before leaving and it looked like people were enjoying the food and drinks - lots of laughter among the guests and employees.

In the morning, since we were not finished touring the City but we needed to check out, we were offered storage place for our luggage free of charge. Again, the reception clerk was friendly and helpful and actually helped us with our luggage. He took us with him so we could see where our luggage would be held and where they put it.

Breakfast was fantastic, clean and well-stocked. Many choices (hot and cold) for a solid breakfast and it was free! There was also a "bar' in the hotel (I'm not sure if they served food) but in the morning there was also breakfast food available there. I was also told that if we needed more room, there was breakfast available in the floor below the lobby for additional breakfast stations. Lots of room for everyone!

I have to write that being in a big city like New York and the many hotel options available, I would stay here again. It is a large hotel but it felt like we were in a small, cozy, and family-run hotel. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathleen D
Reviewed 7 March 2017

A block from Times Square if your re visiting, close to business towers, any store or restaurant you need around, localization is a must at a affordable price in NYC
Rooms are huge, nice view, microwave, self laundry, gym...
Bathroom is efficient but small space.
Breakfast could be improve, menu, room... it s crazy on the morning with hundreds of tourists trying to eat for many hours...
Nice place with chimney. Cosy
I recommend the place. Excellent mix
Negative point: parking. They are supposed to have a deal price with just one place... but most of the time full. Even if you find a place it s salty. The hotel should fin more arrangement even with the terminal parking in front of the hotel...

Room Tip: High floor on the street
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Chuck993723
MPuz16, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Dear Chuck S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are delighted that you enjoyed the location and the view as well as took advantage of our gym and laundry!

We understand that you ran into some difficulties parking. We are affiliated with the garage GGMC on 43rd street, so, three blocks north of us. We validate the ticket they give you for a discount of $35 to $45 depending on the size of the vehicle.

We do hope you'll join us again soon!

Thanks,

Melissa P
FD Manager

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Me, my mom and my son stayed in this Hotel for 9 days and well. Just amazing. The location is just perfect. Two blocks away from Times Square and perfectly connected with the subway.
I needed a crib for my son and they gave it to me. Anything I needed was there. The room had a kitchen and that was very convenient for us because I could cook my sons meals and then go visit the city. Breakfast was included in our stay and it was great. Plenty of food and drinks.
People that work in the hotel are just great. They help you with all you need. Matt, the bellman, Kerri at the Front Desk were just amazing.
Couldn't ask for a better location were to stay.
I'm definitely coming back here next time I'll be in New York and I highly suggest this hotel for all the reasons I explained above and for much more.
A place where you feel at home!
Ilda

Room Tip: quiet floors. perfect with kids.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank FOCACCERIADAILOCO
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

A great place to stay especially for business and small families. Daily breakfast is sufficient and good for the room rate. Laundry facilities great! Lifts a little slow at busy times but otherwise ok. Staff were friendly. Kitchenette in room was perfect to prepare meals in. Full size fridge, stove, microwave, cutlery, plates, pots and pans all in. All in all a really good deal for all the facilities!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business