“Best hotel room I ever had in New York”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #132 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Long Beach, California
“Best hotel room I ever had in New York”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I will start by saying that I loved everything about our room and could not believe we had such a spacious room in New York. We had a one bedroom suite with two bathrooms (!) and an incredible view of the New York skyline. Everything was very high tech and yet still managed to be cozy and inviting. We arrived at 7am after a red eye from LA, and were extremely grateful that they moved some rooms around in order to accommodate our super early arrival. I wouldn't say that we received any memorable service from the staff but everyone seemed to be doing their jobs. My only real complaint was about the breakfast. For such a beautiful (and expensive) hotel, I would have expected more than the small, crowded room offering the same fare as you would find at an Embassy Suites. Other than that, the location was great, the rooms were exquisite and we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher room because the view is truly breath taking. Our room was on the 21st floor an...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Dear Laurie165

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the breathtaking views from your suite and that we were able to accommodate your early arrival. And thank you for your feedback regarding your breakfast experience. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Andreas Oberoi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (824)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Chatham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite which was nice but for 2 nights didn't really need the space. Great views - especially of new twin towers site at night.
I am picky about wifi and it seems wrong to pay $800++ a night and then to be charged for wifi.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Susan E

Thank you for staying with us at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your downtown views and had a wonderful stay with us. We do offer complimentary wifi in our rooms for all reservations that are booked directly through our website. In addition, there is no charge for use of our business center and complimentary wifi in our lobby for guests.
I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to NYC.

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 September 2012

First, I'd like to start by saying this hotel did more than just meet my expectations, it actually exceeded them. You can't beat the Soho location at Spring and Varick. I arrived hours before check in and they already had a room ready which was unexpected so I was immediately pleased. The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. This area is pretty quiet at night so I had no problems with a lot of noise when I was trying to sleep. The bed is one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. The bathroom is very nice, it has a huge soaking tub, a large stand-up shower and double vanity's. The AC works GREAT. There is also a fridge AND a safe in the room, both being a huge plus. Housekeeping was extremely accommodating, they really do a wonderful job. As well as the rest of the staff. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The outdoor pool was a really nice addition to a stay in NYC and the spa was amazing as well.

I loved the location. It's really convenient to so many of the city's attractions along with great shopping and wonderful restaurant's. It is located two blocks from the red line (i.e 1-2-3 train) and one block to the blue (i.e. A-C-E) subway. These trains will take you to or close to, just about anywhere in the city you'd like to go.

There is a wonderful Nespresso machine in the room but there is a Starbucks just outside the front door, across the street, if you are in need of caffeine. There is a great place across Varick called City Winery. They have wonderful wine, on tap. Very good. If you head east on Spring St. you will find the best shopping in town.

My only small complaints would be the elevators and the ice machines (or lack there of). One of the elevators was down while I was there and the others are very slow. I'm sure it was just due to it being so busy but it just seemed like a bit of a wait every time I needed to go up or down. Also, I use a lot of ice (I drink a tone of ice water) and you have to request ice if you want it. Not that that is a big issue but sometimes it takes a bit before someone can get to you.

Overall, the customer service was outstanding. Everyone was just very friendly and it was very much appreciated. I really enjoyed this hotel and I look forward to staying here again in the future. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet, nice, clean and very comfortable place to stay in the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor. I had a view of the Empire State Building.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Dear MBCMemphis

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback at the Trump SoHo. I am happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed our downtown location, pool and spa. I appreciate your feedback on our elevators and requests for ice as well. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with any future arrangements.

Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 12 September 2012

This is a great hotel with excellent service,, staff was great... location is super, close enough,but also quiet enough. Koi restaurant just opened and was also very good,, met George Wayne there , a critic for Vantiy Fair mag.. great guy with lots of laughs.. overall. a great weekend... I def will stay again... and no i don't work at the hotel.... lol

Room Tip: I had a corner suite on 29 floor,,, great views...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear warren D

Thank you for staying with us at the Trump SoHo. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience at Koi and thank you for the nice comments about our staff. I look forward to your return visit.

Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Nestled in the midst of bustling, eclectic SoHo, this property offers everything the discriminating traveler could expect, and then some! Top flight service, excellent food and drink, and exceptionally comfortable quarters--I recommend it highly!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor overlooking the Hudson River.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Danversite
Dear Danversite

Thank you for your sharing your feedback with the Tripadvisor community. I am happy to hear you had a wonderful stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Trump SoHo.