“Drapes of Wrath”

Trump SoHo New York
Ranked #132 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Here we are at the Trump Soho New York, wishing we were somewhere else!
Having been to New York several times and stayed in the Soho area a particular favourite we chose this hotel as it was highly recommended on Trip Advisor, now at 2am on a Saturday morning I wish we had gone else where. The service is TERRIBLE!!!
Do not come here you will regret it.
As I type we are in a room where the electric curtains in an east facing window cannot be closed. The problem was identified by the bell boy on delivering our bags to our room the previous evening and having endured the first night with two hours sleep we were told the curtains would be fixed. After several attempts we arrive back this evening to discover they have not been fixed and the the attitude of the hotel is that the repairs is more tricky than they thought and they do not have another room to move us to . We want to be moved and compensated for the inconvenience, they are at full occupancy and have no alternative rooms so we face another dawn awaking. How would you feel?
I want to tell the world to stay clear of this shambolic hotel.............stay tuned for an update tomorrow on how we get on. Off to bed with a scarf over my eyes.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank annettec23
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Dear annettec23,

Thank you for posting your feedback. I apologize for the curtain issue, and would be happy to personally discuss this further with you. I can be reached at 212.842.5525 or aoberoi@trumphotels.com.

There are newer reviews for Trump SoHo New York

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Having recently spent five days in NYC, I opted to stay at the Trump Soho, having read some very good reviews. I booked online direct with the hotel and immediately after received an email offering a E standby upgrade, which stated that if an upgraded room is available at check in you pay a reduced price per night; in my case a Deluxe was $29, a superior one bed suite $49, and a deluxe one bed suite $69. If an upgrade is not offer you simply stick with your original choice.

Having arrived at the hotel after a journey from London via Paris to NYC, I was tired and simply wanted to check in, and at the front desk I was told that an upgrade was available, but it was $119, I queried this at the time as I I did not have my email to hand, but went with it.

A few days into my stay I checked the email and it stated quite clearly that if an upgrade is assigned at checkin it would be at the E Upgrade rate, so I decided to question the front desk as to why they were charging $119, I stood and listened for several minutes as to how these upgrades are determined at the time of booking and not check in despite it clearly stating that on my mail. By this point I was bored - so I explained to the desk clerk that I was not happy and that she should refer my query to the manager, which she said she would do and would leave a message on my phone.

Well having got back that evening there was no message, I checked out two days later and could not be bothered to argue as it is not a point of the money but simply a question as to the integrity of their offers and communication - quite frankly I do not expect the Trump brand to behave in this manner, and if I am told that I will receive a message I expect to do so.

That said, the room was very nice, although the in room controls are not that intuitive.

The maid service was excellent, and the doormen are brilliant always happy, polite and keen to assist.

Worth the stay but just watch out.

Room Tip: I had room 1610 - corner superior one bed, not a grate view but you can see the empire state
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Pauly-london

Dear Pauly-london,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I would be happy to discuss your stay further, and can be reached at 212.842.5525 or aoberoi@trumphotels.com.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

My husband and I just returned from three nights at the Trump SoHo and it was wonderful. The room was very spacious, and furnished very comfortably. The only problem we had was a noisy group next to us who went in and out of each other's rooms, slamming doors....often. After a day, they left, thankfully. Everything else was so great. The people who work there are the friendliest and kindest....ready to do whatever they can to make your stay better. We would definitely go back. The rate was very fair too.

Room Tip: We upgraded for $39 to a higher room, which helped keep out the street noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marsha p

Dear marsha p,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

I have been traveling more and more over the last couple of years - sometimes up to 100 nights a year, I am in a hotel. The Trump SoHo is the best hotel I have ever visited....period. The decor is very contemporary and the staff make you feel like a movie star. I don't think there was a single thing that I disliked about my stay. The food was great and the drinks were made perfectly in both the restaurant area and lounge. My bed was as comfortable as the one in my home. I can overlook a lot with one exception...the way I am treated. And this place should have their own rating to be honest. No other hotel has come close. Great place. Great stay.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to a suite on the corner, facing the Empire State Building. The only issue is a busi...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Rich B

Dear Rich B,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for your recommendation. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me to assist with any future reservations.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

My husband and I stay here the weekend of our wedding. They were so accommodating. As soon as we told them it was our wedding wknd they upgraded us to a corner suite, and sent us complimentary champagne and fruit. Staff was friendly and hotel restaurant had great food. Would recommend

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank JodieL2618
TrumpNYCSoHo, General Manager at Trump SoHo New York, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Dear JodieL2618,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Trump SoHo. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that the hotel could be part of your celebration.