“Oh yes!”

Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Found this on Trip advisor. Went for dinner on Friday. Quiet at 600 but filled up quick. Promptly greeted an seated. Menu nicely explained. They brought out Persian flatbread with 2 sauces. Great. We split cucumber/tomato salad. I had Cornish hen kabobs (best fowl ever) while wife had lamb chops, also excellent. What set this apart were rice upgrades. Had 1/2 dill and 1/2 cherry. Wow! Our server Ba'ab was a delight. Everything was so good we went for dessert too. Bomba incredible, and Persian ice cream was a bit weird at first, but I ended up liking it. Good Turkish coffee too! This is a winner!

1  Thank TampaTornado

Reviewed 3 October 2017

If you like kebabs - meat or fish - I would recommend Ravagh as a place to go to in NYC.
Along with Basmati rice or even the warm pita-like bread, one could taste and enjoy quality meat. Will definitely visit again - even with clients.

1  Thank NJCricketer
Reviewed 1 October 2017

This is a great freaking restaurant!

After a day of shopping for housewares, we dragged ourselves out of Bed Bath & Beyond and decided it was time for dinner.

Sushi? No, we have the kids. Barbecue? No, we don't like that place. Go home? Nah, don't have any Saturday night food there.

Then we happened upon Ravagh. Best idea all day!!!!

We received a friendly greeting and were quickly shown to our table.

They start you off with this flat bread with 2 types of dipping sauce. One was a lemon based oil and the other was a yogurt sauce. Both delicious. The lemon one was especially good on chicken - get to that later!

We had:

- Hummus - delicious with the right amount of olive oil

- Babaganoosh - perfect with a smoky flavor

- Stuffed Pepper - delicious

- Beef Stew with Rice from the bottom of the pot - Unbelievable! The stew was savory and the rice was super crispy. Amazing combination!! This isn't always available, so if it is - take advantage!!

- Shirazi Salad with Feta - delicious, my daughter practically ate the whole thing herself.

- Chicken Kebob - delicious, especially with the lemon dipping sauce you get at the beginning of the meal. We got it with the sour cherry rice. Delicious!!

- Barg Kebob - crazy good steak with rice.

The prices are super reasonable and the service is terrific. What's even better? They deliver!!!!

1  Thank Jaimee A
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Came here for the first time last night , wanted to take my partner here cause she's Persian . We had the best meal , the sav Blanca from New Zealand was delicious, service fantastic , and cheap food . Great place

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

I went on Yelp while walking around Lexington, looking for some Persian or Greek eats. I found this gem on Yelp and OMG, I want to just hug every person that works there right now.

I ordered too much, per usual, for takeout. But it was worth it!!!

1. Kashk-Bademjan - yum!
2. Sambuseh - dumplings filled with more yum!
3. Mast Khiar - fresh and delightful
4. Jujeh Kebob - tender bone in chicken with basmati rice and salad
5. Koobideh Kebob - soooo perfect! Well marinated, cooked to perfection, served with rice and salad
6. Khoresh Fensenjan - unctuous, deep, rich complex stew of chicken with pomegranate and walnuts

Pita was perfect and the green sauce - OMG - get it in your mouth ASAP. Vinegary and fresh, goes perfectly with everything.

I'll be back and will recommend this place to everyone!