New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Cheaper Than A Flight To Rio But Food As Good” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brazil Brazil

Brazil Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
Brazil Brazil is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #555 of 13,264 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 9 - USD 32
Cuisines: Brazilian, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: between 8th and 9th Avenue
Description: Brazil Brazil is Reaturant Row's newest addition. The restaurant is full of color and great music, and is steps away from the Broadway shows and Times Square. We offer a tasty variety of exotic steaks and seafood in a cozy, inviting atmosphere. Our caring staff and talented chefs are dedicated to making your dining adventure fun, relaxing, and pleasurable. Whether your group is large or small, Brazil Brazil is the perfect place for you. We take great pride in our food and carefuly create our meals from only the finest, freshest ingredients, with mouthwatering aromas and bursting with fresh flavor. Whether you select from our lunch, dinner, brunch, prix-fixe, raw bar, or lounge menu, you will enjoy great steaks with unsurpassed quality.
Brooklyn, New York
“Cheaper Than A Flight To Rio But Food As Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Normally I'm leery of restaurants in the Times Square area as I often thing they are tourist traps. NOT so with Brazil Brazil Grill. Everything about this place was a welcome surprise and delight. We went because we had theater tickets that night and wanted to be close by for our 8:00pm curtain. Being on "restaurant row" on 46th Street was perfect. The restaurant has a very pretty and active front bar space with tables and on the side an extremely nice dinning room. The menu is extensive with many authentic Brazilian dishes from meats to pastas to seafood and fish. As an appetizer, we split an artichoke hearts dish with roasted garlic red peppers in a wine sauce for the table. It was delicious. Each of us ordered a different entree. On was Brazilian beef with onions and a great sauce, another was a shrimp with mushrooms and herbs in an actual coconut shell, and mine was the Frutos Do Mar. That was a selection of tilapia, salmon, shrimp, scallops over grilled asperegas. Of course there was rice and beans for the table. We all raved about each of our dishes. Portions are large and well worth the price. Although we didn't order from it, the restaurant has a very reasonable 3 course "Prix Fixe" pre-theater menu. This is a definite come back to place.

Statesboro, Georgia, United States
“The BEEF (and more) people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Feb. 29th, 2012. Our first evening in New York (we arrived late afternoon) we decided to just relax, walk the neighborhood, and find a place to eat an early supper since lunch had been missed because of our plane ride. My husband kept insisting we go to the "Restaurant Row" area on 46th St--which was only about six blocks from our hotel. The problem: It was misty/rainy and COLD--and after about 25 minutes of crisscrossing streets and blocks, this south Georgia girl was tired of the weather and losing patience. I KNOW my husband--he could do this for hours without making a decision. When I pinned him about NOT having a destination he started looking at menus. We happened to be in front of Brazil Brazil. It looked nice--was NOT crowded at all at 6:30 p.m.
When we first went in I thought we were in the wrong place--this was just a bar--but as we turned to leave the maitre de ran up and escorted us to the back of the room where the entrance to the dining area is located. The waiters were very friendly. I asked the waiter to suggest something from the beef menu--he suggested his own personal favorite--some sort of steak with Yucca fries. My husband ordered a shrimp dish and we also ordered an appetizer to split--a medley of fresh pork, beef, and chicken kebabs with some sort of vinegar sauce. The appetizer was pretty big--more than enough for us to share. I began to worry about the entree--and when it arrived--I almost laughed--this ENORMOUS strip steak? flank steak? grilled to PERFECTION and then ribbon-folded into thirds on a bed of steamed spinach. I KNOW it was a good steak--it was just a LOT of steak. I usually don't eat beef that often. My husband ate over half of mine, so all was well. I was really sorry I couldn't take the leftovers home to my dog.
The appetizer was around $12--our entrees ran about $26 each. I drank sparkling water--around $3.50? John's Brazilian beer cost $8. Not the cheapest meal we've eaten, but we came to New York to have a few nice meals in new places, see a couple of plays. It was a good evening--very comfortable, the waiters were very efficient and very friendly. I felt taken care of. Quality service.

1 Thank Susan H
South Wales
“Nice Food Excellant Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

We booked this through a Travel Zoo local deal for our trip to New York and what a bargin, I was a little worried after reading some reviews mainly about the service but I must say the service there was one of the best I have ever had, from the time we sat down all the staff were great our wine glases and water glasses were being topped up by the staff who were walking past the food which was very tasty was brought out to us without any delays I would go back there on another trip to New York it is not to far from Times Square so easy to find, a very nice evening Thank you.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Toms River, New Jersey
“lunch under $10, close to theaters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

Restaurant Row, close to theaters,
Fettuccine with shrimps $8.95
Grilled tilapia with vegetables and potatoes $9.95

Visited November 2011
Pennsylvania
“Average Rating is Generous”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Stopped in for an after-theater dinner. Sparse number of diners, perhaps a warning? Warmly greeted, though the initial conversation was centered on whether or not we had a Groupon coupon. They just had to know at that moment, before seating us. When I asked why, they explained they needed to know so that they would give us the correct menu. What?? We did not have coupons and felt this was an odd way to begin the dining experience. The menu was a strange mix of Brazilian, Italian (spaghetti bolognese?) and some American thrown in for good measure. Having dined in authentic Brazilian restaurants before, I found the menu lacking and uninteresting, perhaps not so for those unfamiliar with the cuisine. Food was fair at best. On the positive, staff were very friendly and accommodating. Would not return.

• Visited January 2012