Greenwich Village Walking and Food Tasting Tour

Book in advance
from
AU$145.92
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Washington Square Park
from AU$145.92
from AU$59.91
from AU$55.21
from AU$46.08
3,662 results
All reviews greenwich village chess players street performers famous arch new york fifth avenue the empire state building nyu fountain benches nyc artists legend trees neighborhood tourists
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 May 2019

The last time I was here was in the 70's and it was a dump. Now it is MUCH improved. No trash, no graffiti, no smell . . .

Watch out for the sparrows if you eat food here. They will fly right into your face.

1  Thank Mark P
Reviewed 13 May 2019 via mobile

I’m glad we got here before the rain! This is a nice park. They have street performers and food vendors. It’s a great place to just sit and people watch or picnic.

2  Thank stephanie c
Reviewed 6 May 2019 via mobile

Another park in NYC’s financial district, obviously provides an outlet to workers during break times. Washington Square Park contains an arc similar to (but much smaller than) the Arc de Triomphe in Paris, a huge paved circle (filled with buskers and their viewers during my visit) and spouting water. I assume this water spout would be extremely popular during summer months. As with all parks I visited in this bustling city, this park was full of both locals and tourists.

Date of experience: January 2019
2  Thank olgamariemsn
Reviewed 5 May 2019

This green oasis is bordered by NYU on the South and the beginning of the luxurious 5th Ave on the North. In the South West corner of the park you can watch or play chess. Throughout the park you can lounge on well kept lawns and benches.If you enter from 5th Avenue you can't miss the monument to George Washington.

3  Thank Nocke
Reviewed 30 April 2019 via mobile

I used to think Central Park was the best park in New York until I visited Washington Square Park.
My wife and I spent hours here just people watching,listening to buskers and loving the fact that Bob Dylan also loved it here.
A brilliant place in a great part of New York.
You will never be bored here.
A must visit.