This hotel is nice, clean and in a good location for Penn station, Macys, The Empire State and Madison Square Gardens.
Initially we had a pokey room on the 23rd floor with a poor view, however after a night a noise from a neighbour (the walls seem very thin), we complained and were eventually moved to a room on the 33rd floor with fantastic views of the Hudson River. The higher the floor the better the view!
The Ticktock diner attached was perfect for convenient breakfasts and snacks, highly recommended.
If I visited NY again, which I intend to do, I would stop closer to Times Square. But this hotel was a great first time hotel.
One note,a lot of the staff on reception are very rude and clearly are not bothered that you have paid a large amount to stop at this hotel. Customer service at the desk was sometimes no existant. However we found the staff on the information desk to be much more helpful and were very friendly, they certainly made up for the other staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Yorker Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in New York City. Come revel in the newly re-imagined grandeur of our historic hotel. Our newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites deliver contemporary comforts that leave nothing to be desired for today’s business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Otel, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Hotelopia so you can book your The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada New York City
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New York City Ramada
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- Ramada Hotel New York