“Carribean all the way”

La Casa Del Monfongo
Ranked #9,117 of 14,202 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

If you are driving and planning on street parking leave your house a little earlier because parking is pretty tight.

For your convenience, and for nominal fee, there's a parking garage down the block.

Now what to order: shrimp mofongo is lip smacking good.
Skirt steak mofongo is the best I've ever had and I've had mofongo in different pueblos in Puerto Rico and Dominican I Republic.

Tripe is as tasty as dear old mom's! Last time I ordered it as an appetizer I wanted more, more, more!

Wait staff is friendly and accommodating.

Vibe is urban-chic. Bar is small but popping!

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

Food was very bland & tasteless. Worse mofongo I've tasted in NYC & not even close to DR. The sangria was ok & service was good. Bathroom is disgusting & restaurant is a little run down. Was actually surprised because I've heard good things about this place. Totally disappointed. Music was good though.

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Wife took me here as a surprise. My wife is Dominican and was first time I was exposed to Monfongo even my wife said it was nothing special. The drinks were a bigger hit than the food.

1  Thank John S
Reviewed 7 August 2016

Best mofongo! Great soup & delicious Cuban sandwich. The granddaughters freaked out over the mango milkshake. We will definitely be back!!

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Walking in Washington Heights and passed by this Dominican Restaurant, that I never thought it was going to taste so authentic Dominican food. Fantastic Flavor! The portions was good enough for the prices which I pretty much felt comfortable with!
The service was excellent, starting with the host and servers!
The place was packed and people coming in and out! Full traffic @ Lunch Time!

The only thing I was not please with was the music, that was kind of loud, for that reason the voices of the crowd were kind of annoying!

The restaurant is pretty huge and have many different ambiences!

It's family oriented, children's and youngsters with their parents were enjoying their food, as well as business man and females having their meetings around the bar area.