“Interesting historical pizza tour”

Scott's Pizza Tours
Book In Advance
Pizza Walking Tour of Manhattan
Brooklyn Pizza Walk
Deconstructing Pizza at Eataly New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Scott's Pizza Tours runs public and private tours of New York's vast pizza landscape by bus and on foot. Every tour stops at multiple pizzerias, each highlighting a different phase in the evolution of the dish from its humble beginnings as a street snack to its current position as New Yorkers' food of choice. Guests get a slice at each stop and are guided through the kitchens and back rooms of the city's most significant pizzerias. AS SEEN ON: CBS Sunday Morning, Travel Channel, Food Network, Cooking Channel, Discovery Channel, and MORE!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We took the Greenwich Village Pizza walk. It was interesting and the pizza was tasty, though they do give you a chance to taste some atypical pizzas so it may not be exactly what you expect. The village is lovely and the fresh mozzarella was fairly delicious. Good way to spend a few hours.

There are newer reviews for Scott's Pizza Tours

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Scott knows absolutely everything pizza. He is the ultimate resource for where to go and what to order. Couple that with his enthusiasm, sense of humor and vibrant personality and you have a great experience for New Yorkers and out of towners. It was the perfect and unique way to celebrate my pizza loving husband's birthday with our pizza loving friends and family. I highly recommend devouring delicious pizza while touring with Scott.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

We did the Greenich Tour with kids ages 9 - 12. Scott is really enthusiastic about pizza! We got to sample 3 types of pizza. I was wondering if there would be hidden costs on this tour such as encouraging you to purchase beverages or other food items, or leaving a gratuity at each restaurant. But there was not! Tour price was all we paid and when it was over we were full - so don't eat beforehand! This was a great tour because it was something different!

1  Thank punchy
Reviewed 1 March 2012

If you do one thing in NYC - please let it be Scott's Pizza tour. Scott is so very knowledgeable about everything to do with pizzas (incl. how to make pizzas, different styles of ovens, the history of pizza etc etc), I'm convinced there is nothing about pizzas he doesn't know! We did the walking tour, which was very easy walking, and the pizza was spectacular (very different to Australian pizzas). He was also lovely and so helpful when I realised I lost my wallet on the way to the tour - he couldn't have been more obliging in such a difficult situtation. To sum up, this is the best food tour I went on during my trip of NYC, I can't imagine anyone who loves pizza not liking this tour!

Reviewed 23 February 2012

What a fun thing to do in NYC!! Thanks so much for your pizza knowledge. Who knew you could get so fired up about pizza?!! We'll never look at pizza the same again. We will recommend to all our Rochester friends. Wonderful Tour!