All reviews penn station hudson yards times square new york breakfast vouchers drink vouchers front desk staff javits center madison square garden midtown manhattan pleasure of staying the high line within walking distance walk in shower ironing board highly recommend this hotel couple blocks
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Initially I was disappointed as we didn’t get to the hotel until almost 4 pm and check in was at 2 or 3pm so our room should have been ready but when we checked in, we still had to wait for a while, maybe 20 mins or so. However I still have the hotel 5* due to the excellent service that the lady gave us. She offered my children snacks and offered us water. Throughout our stay, all the staff have been very friendly and very welcoming. The room was clean and kept to a high maintenance.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Dieter S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Sarah W,

Thank you for your excellent rating! While I apologize for the delays you had upon arrival I am pleased we were able to make up for it thereafter via your interactions and cleanliness throughout the property. We hope to have the honor of having you back with us many times in the future and we thank you for your review!

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I'm a loyal and top tier IHG member and was looking for a points redemption in Manhattan for a stay this last week (early April 2018). I find the other Crowne Plaza tired, and nothing was available at the Intercons, and then I saw this CP, which looked good on paper, and is very well reviewed on this site.

So I need to say I was not impressed. There were lines at the unappealing check in area. When I got to check in I was told I had an upgraded room - a King Superior on a high floor. Sounded great, but when I got there I could not sit properly at the desk and work, because I could not pull the desk chair out from under the desk, because the bed was pressing into it.

I know Manhattan hotel rooms are small, but this was ridiculous, and for this to be a higher grade room was a joke.

Clearly there has been refurbishment (I don't know the history of the property, but I guess it was a more downmarket hotel until recently?), and there were some nice amenities, and the shower was nicely done (although poor water pressure took a lot of the enjoyment out), but the room was just very poor.

I was on my own for a business trip for just one night, and on hand luggage. If I had been with my wife and had bigger luggage, it would barely have been possible to cope with the room.

And the bar/restaurant area is dull and disappointing and lacks atmosphere. I will not be back.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank DominicB

DominicB,

Thank you for being a loyal IHG Rewards member and for choosing the brand new HY36. Let me start by saying we demand excellence from ourselves and anything short, such as your average review, will always be viewed as a failure by or collective team of passionate hoteliers. It goes without saying we are highly disappointed that your experience did not match the same levels of our normal excellence in which the vast majority of our reviews allude to.

To address some of your questions and comments. Our hotel is a brand new build property from the ground up and our rooms are among the largest per average square footage in Manhattan while encompassing best in class amenities in our rooms, bathrooms and state of art Fitness Center. The room you were upgraded to on a complimentary basis is a higher floor room with city views. Given the constant positive feedback and electricity the area provides I struggle to understand how our restaurant, TGA, can be described as dull and disappointing with it's hugely unique design and energetic atmosphere which has led to a packed bar virtually every night since our opening. We do of course thank you for your loyalty to IHG and wish you all the best in your future travels and regret we were not the right fit for you.

To our prospective guests,

If you want a cookie cutter guest experience centered upon scripted uninspired interactions, the same guest room you have seen 5,000 times and a cut and paste F&B concept, we simply are not for you. If you are however looking for a genuinely personable reprieve and energetic guest experience focused on ensuring you, our valued guest, leaves feeling better than when you arrived then our entire team of passionate hoteliers can assure you that your experience will ring with the same tones of excellence the vast majority of our reviews have praised since our opening.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I usually stay at the Even Hotel on West 35th street when visiting the city. On this trip I wanted to try the newest hotel in the IHG family which is one block away on West 36th street. The moment you step through the revolving door, you are welcomed with greetings and smiles from the amazing employees. It was also nice to see some familiar faces of some staff members that moved over from the Even Hotel to the Crowne Plaza. I loved the modern decor of the lobby, restaurant, and rooms. My son Finnian loved the cascading chandeliers that looked like they were falling from the sky. Simply beautiful! The close proximity to the Theatres and Times Square can't be beat. It's close enough to walk everywhere, but you can also jump on the subway one block away if need be. Thanks to Dieter, Annie, Britni, and all the other new employees we met for their excellent service and hospitality. Till next time! THANK YOU!

pandora69,

Thank you for being a valued repeat guest of our Area's hotels and for giving the brand new HY36 a try! I am pleased to read you enjoyed our continued commitment to personable excellence. As you allude to I have been very fortunate to be able to spread our talented leadership to multiple assets and to ensure a consistent experience across the board. Our entire team says hello to Finn and we eagerly await you and your families next visit to NYC!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My mom and I very much enjoyed our stay here for a long weekend in New York. The room was small, but very clean and since we didn't spend a lot of time in the room, it was perfect for what we needed. We had a double room on a quiet floor, which was great. The bathroom had a standing shower that was very clean and new. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. The bar attached to the lobby was also nice, with good deals on drinks and live music on Saturday night (although for the small space it was a bit loud.) My only (small) complaint is that the guide on the TV didn't work, and we didn't see an option to rent movies in our room. After a long day of sightseeing, that would have been nice, but definitely won't prevent us from staying again in the future.

Room tip: Quiet floors on 14 and 15.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Allie W
Dieter S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Allie W,

Thank you for being our valued guest during your travels from DC and for your review! I am thrilled to read that our commitment to personable excellence and the utmost levels of cleanliness was evident throughout your experience with us. I apologize for the issue you had with your in room guide, we have just confirmed this is running correctly and again regret it was not doing so during your time with us. We demand an overall excellent rating from ourselves and hope to have the honor of having you back with us the next time your travels bring you to NYC to earn that last circle!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The purpose of this trip with my sister & nephew was to see Harry Potter along with some other Broadway shows. We usually stay at the Even Hotel one block down but wanted to try the newest hotel by the same company. It did not disappoint! The decor is really modern & inviting. There is a restaurant/bar on the premises which is an added bonus. The rooms were very clean with a really nice bathroom & shower. I believe they use the same type of bed that the Even Hotel does which is beyond comfortable. The downside is that you never want to get out of said bed!

The staff is very friendly & knowledgeable & continually offering to help in any way they can. The location can't be beat. The subway is right there & you can easily walk to Times Square which was the main focus of our visit. It is also a few blocks from Madison Square Garden. So nice to see Dieter & Annie who we are used to seeing at the Even Hotel. I will not hesitate to stay at HY36 the next time around.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

magenta1969,

Thank you as always for being our valued guest and for your excellent rating! We have loved welcoming your family over the years at both our sister EVEN property and now here at the brand new HY36. Our simple goal is to create a refreshingly personable home away from home which we hope in turn earns us lifelong guests and friends. Annie, myself and our entire team of passionate hoteliers are elated to read we have been able to consistently do so over the years during your experiences with us. We look forward to your next trip into the city and thank you for your excellent rating!