“Worst place in NYC”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Just got out of there, we understood nothing on this place.

Got ribs and steak with yellow rice myself. It came a huge plate full of fried onions, most of them the skin; the tasteless yellow rice, baby ribs, steak (they were eatable) and a cake, yes a cake, couldn’t understand why a cake! Only ate a bit of steak, half of the ribs (very bad cooked, impossible to remove the bone) and a bit of rice.

My partner had Texas ribs, impossible to eat, the meat was so tough he couldn’t eat them, he had fries and you could see they had been either reheated either they haven’t changed the fry oil in ages. The food was awful.

And the service very rude, I asked for a small plate to put all the onions and cake I couldn’t eat, the waiter came with two plates after being asked twice and he nearly threw them on the table. My partner was asked to move from his chair because they needed to pass so roughly.

I don’t recommend this place at all. Cheap but disgusting.

Date of visit: April 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (3,262)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Dallas BBQ is a reasonably priced restaurant in Times Square. 10 wings means 20 wings elsewhere. The kid’s plate was huge. Staff was friendly.

Wow
We had a great experience at Dallas BBQ. We had the best waitress ever. Angeline!
She was so helpful and so relaxed and laughed and joked with us.
She was excellent with the kids and made them feel just as special as the adults.
The Ranch sauce was the bomb!
The guys that cleaned was excellent
Thanks Dallas BBQ, we felt at home far from home.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This is a frontline Restaurant, so we were expecting great tasty fresh food. It was a real disappointment to find that this was just a typical bums on seats ‘fast food joint.

The table service was quick, so much that we were asked what we wanted before we even got comfortable in our seats.

We ordered starters and a main. The starters were ok. The main was a disaster. I ordered a Chilli, but it was tasteless. Where was the Chilli..? It came Doritos, which were a packet from a bag..? Very strange.

My partners meal arrived about 10 minutes after mine. It was just warm, the meat was tough to cut and the fries looked like they had been re-heated. The coleslaw was watery and just slopped into a bowl.

I wanted to send the lot back, but we decided not to make a fuss and just eat it. After we could only eat so much, I asked to speak to the Floor Manager. I explained my disappointment, and was asked why we waited till the end to mention anything. Fair point, but at time we didn’t want to make a scene. On reflection, we should have returned the food and eaten elsewhere.

Places like this will always be busy as they are mostly frontline in tourist locations. They don’t need to make any effort to have high food standards, as they don’t need return business because of the huge amount of tourists they will attract passing by. Very disappointed.

If I can offer any advice to anyone, please by pass Times Square. Take a few minutes and head to 9th Ave. There are so many good Restaurants offering choice, taste and great value.

Date of visit: March 2018
2  Thank Steve G
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Went there just last week with my sister and cousin. We each had some frozen concoction that had a small bottle of Moscato and a shot of vodka in it; it was fantastic.

THE RIBS WERE NOT SMOKED. As we say in the South, “they were pot-boiled” or baked. But I imagine there was no way to smoke enough ribs to serve the multitude that was also there; the place was packed. The sauce was exceptional and made the ribs tolerable, and the portions were huge.

Overall, a good experience because of the cocktails and bbq sauce.

Date of visit: March 2018