Open today: 6:00 pm - 4:00 am

from USD 35.00
from USD 67.50
from USD 64.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Dangerous place where I would not go again !
The bar seemed nice but the people there were violent and we did not feel safe. To be avoided !

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Visited Arlene's with my boyfriend on a Monday Night as we wanted to hear the live band Karaoke and my boyfriend is a good singer. The bar prices were reasonable with a Spirit and Draft Mixer for about $8. The staff were very pleasant and welcomed the singers on stage in a fun way and also took the time to find out a little about them. Some of the singers were excellent and great entertainment. All in all it was a good night and if you fancy being a rock god for five mins this is the place for you.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

As per the title The most ignorant bar staff I ever encountered. Went to Arlenes Monday 7th November to see the live band karaoke. Greeted by a nice man on the door, that's the only positive we came away with. Sour faced girl behind the bar who barely spoke when serving us. in total 8 people sat at the bar including ourselves. 2 were natives/friends of the bar girl the rest being tourists.
she served us, then another two people and when she got to the next group of people she literally treated them like dirt. she proceeded to inform them, in full hearing of everyone else, that "in the states its customary to tip your bar staff. we don't get paid for working we only get tips. the money we are on is so bad that by the time we pay our taxes our wages are gone so we rely on tips. if people are not going to tip me then there is no point in me going out of my way to serve them" (eh its your job?!?!) she went on a big long rant and told them that the minimum tip is $1 per person per drink.
as if that wasn't bad enough she then moved down the bar to her friends who said wow i can't believe you said that to which she replied "there are 6 of them there, they are stupid idiots it had to be said".
at this point i got up and left the bar, without leaving a tip, as i refused to put anymore money behind a bar that employed this kid of person.
while it is customary to tip in America you can't go around demanding tips from people and ridicule them in the process.
absolutely disgusted with the ignorance and lack of manners.
keep your drinks and your crap bar staff Arlenes because i for one will never go back and will tell anyone thinking of going to avoid the place like the plague.

3  Thank 74NikkiG74
Reviewed 28 January 2015 via mobile

Great smaller venue in the east village for local live music nightly. I've done many shows here and it's always fun. It's separated down the middle with a bar and stage on one side and a bar and lounge on the other side. Always a cheap cover charge. No parking take a train or cab.

Reviewed 30 November 2014 via mobile

We had some time to kill before dinner so came here for some drinks. Good beer and prices were pretty good. We stayed upstairs in bar area. They have tv showing the band playing downstairs. The place was always busy for the two hours we were there. Most people came in for a round of drinks then moved onto another place. I would stop by again next time I'm in town. I would suggest going in for a round or two of drinks

Reviewed 14 October 2014 via mobile

Came here while visiting a friend who frequents the place. Drinks are cheap. Crowd is varied. Lots of people watching. The music begins to pick up around 9ish depending on the evening from what I'm told and it is AMAZING. We arrived around midnight in between sets but didn't have to wait too long before performers flooded the stage and began to jam. Hip hop jazz is what I'd call it, but I'm music expert. All I know is I will be back. This place is real.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Would be a cool place to catch a show here otherwise its just a typical bar to just chill and grab a drink with friends The bartenders were nice-ish and no one got mad when my friend started to dance on the couch..its always a plus when you're free to dance on whichever furniture you please

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Definitely come here on a Monday night for the live band rock & roll karaoke!! It started around 10:00-10:30ish, and was an absolute blast! The live band is great and can play such a range of rock songs - we heard everything from Adele to Metallica the night we were there. The talent of most of the people who go up is amazing and you feel like you are watching professional performers the entire time. The crowd is great and there for a good time, so there's lots of singing along, dancing, and cheering the whole time.

1  Thank anhnmatt
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We saw a Live In Theater production here (see my review) and got half price drinks after the performance. What a great bar! Pices are reasonable, service is quite friendly, very cozy informal atmosphere. We loved it.