We booked this hotel at the last minute, as it was the cheapest option we could find in a relatively central part of NYC.
Unfortunately, the pros did not outweight the cons.
- Although at 96th St, the hotel was right opposite the station and a stop on the express red line, which made getting downtown and further uptown very quick
- our room (not street facing) was quiet at night, though there was no sleeping in due to a large construction site behind the hotel. Note that there is also construction going on inside the hotel, but we could not hear this in our room - other rooms may be affected.
Cons were many:
- a very noisy airconditioner that sounded like an industrial vacuum cleaner
- early morning wake up due to the construction
- extra charges for wifi
- not very clean
- a squeaky and well-worn bed
- only one, slow lift servicing the entire building, which housekeeping also used, leaving long wait times for the lift, especially in the mornings
- indifferent reception staff who made no effort to provide any semblance of customer service.
Some reviewers state that the hotel is value for money. We disagree. We recommend staying elsewhere.More
- Fitness centre