1,659 results
All reviewsupper west sidemanhattan dinersubway stationexpress traincentral parknew yorkcolumbia universitytimes squareprivate bathroomfridge and microwaveshared bathdrug storepriced hotelfew blockstwo queen bedscoffee makerhotel room
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here three years ago and their excuse for issues was that they were undergoing renovation. I can see that the upgraded the flooring in the bathroom but that's all I could see. The elevator broke one evening and there was no service elevator for handicapped guests. Went to take a shower after walking up four flights of stairs only to find that there was no hot water. Not worth trying to stay here ever again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank swerdmama
Dana H, Manager at Hotel Newton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear Guest.
Thank you for staying at The Hotel Newton. We appreciate your feedback and will do our best to improve the accomodations for your next visit

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Me and My daughter stayed here for my 50th lovely hotel clean basic really lovely staff ideal location for subway and nearby restaurants and shops would definitely return reception very helpful sorted car for return journey to airport

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Dana H, Manager at Hotel Newton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Good Morning

Thank you for your feedback.we glad to hear you enjoy your time stay in the hotel newton , we hope come back stay with us the hotel newton the next time you visiting New York city

Reviewed 2 June 2018

The location is convenient and the price is good, but pay close attention to the fine print if you're booking here, lest you end up with a shared bathroom in the hallway. And beware of the "courtyard view" rooms, which overlook a construction site in the next lot that is currently in the excavation phase. Don't bother asking the front desk staff for restaurant recommendations, either; just go to Pio Pio around the corner.

Room Tip: Look out the window when you arrive. If you see a construction site, ask to be moved.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Liz B
Dana H, Manager at Hotel Newton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Good Morning

Thank you for your feedback. We want to apologize for the misunderstanding regarding your room type, we glad to hear you found the location close to placed you want to see, we hope come back stay with us the hotel newton.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

I had three separate bookings at Hotel Newton and the staff worked with me to ensure that it was as smooth as possible; I only had to physically change rooms once, which was great over a four night stay. The rooms are a decent size and clean + the beds are comfortable. And, yes, the location is pretty great - esp if you're planning to stay around the UWS. The staff was professional, friendly, and helpful - which can make all the difference.

Cons:
- the wi-fi isn't free. Say what? Yes, it's 2018 and hotels are still trying to make a fast buck!
- elevator is crazy slow, which is kind of a pain if you're on a higher floor and/or if you have luggage
- no full length mirror in the room, and in fact, only one mirror - in the bathroom. Yet another hotel room designed by a man, I assume.
- The A/C in the first room was super loud, so I had to turn it off in order to sleep.
- Both rooms I stayed in looked into an alley, so no sunlight - but, it's NYC so you shouldn't be hanging out in the hotel room anyway. ;)

Overall though, I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Dana H, Manager at Hotel Newton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear Guest.
Thank you for staying at The Hotel Newton. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your feedback and will do our best to improve the accomodations for your next visit.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Flew all the way to NY and today it is my birthday and had hoped for a nice day instead had to deal with the fact that room has no bathroom and it charges for wifi.
So got screwed out of more money to get a room with bathroom leaving us dry from my budget of our 4 day stay in NY. So my birthday got completly ruined as I was heartbroken by the way I got treated. Humans really do not give a damn and clearly good deeds do not actually happen.
This sort of stuff should not happen..... wifi should be readily available and all rooms should have bathroom.... we no longer live in the dark ages.
The shared bathroom has no heating so it is cold too in there :(
The hotel in itself is nice and quaint. It is situated in a good location with easy transportiin at hand.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PamelaVio
Dana H, Manager at Hotel Newton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We want to apologize for the misunderstanding regarding your room type. We are happy to see that we had a room for you to upgrade to. Please feel free to stop by the front desk, or let us know if we can call you to discuss further accommodations!