“Another very good modern Indian”
Review of Pondicheri

Pondicheri
Ranked #3,018 of 14,811 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: NoMad
Neighbourhood: NoMad
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Great place to try some new dishes--lots of small plates and interesting items you don't see on every Indian menu. Not gourmet--more like street food done well. Great service--have the waitress guide you if you're not sure what to order--but we tried all kinds of things and everything was good. Prices pretty reasonable for NYC. Very fun, funky relaxed place--no need to dress up here. They also change character throughout the day with nice breads in the morning.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Love this place... I have become obsessed with Meatless Monday, especially the "Dosa Dream" special. Everything here manages to be both imaginative and really, really good.

The room is super cool too.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Had a lunch meeting here. Loved the chicken lettuce wrap appetizer. Also enjoyed the sag paneer and mushroom "sandwich" which is more of a wrap. My colleague enjoyed the fries and the salad with spicy chicken. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

The food was extraordinary. fabulous. The menu was interesting and varied. Everything was incredibly fresh and made to order. My husband and I cook and it is really really hard to make us happy. Pondicheri amazed us. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

I have stalked this restaurant on Instagram for months. I’m at finally here. My reservation was at 7:45. It is now 8:33. I am not at a real table, but sitting at a crap table by the drafty door. It’s December. Not fun. I have gotten drinks but still no food. I have ordered but nothing has made its way to my table. The service here sucks. I hope the food redeems it, but I am not holding my breath. Get your crap together, Pondicheri, you have so much to learn. Annnddd never got food there. I went down the street to Rocco’s Steakhouse(no reservation), walked in to a warm welcome and had an amazing meal.