Open today: 10:00 am - 5:30 pm

New York CityPASS
1,173 Reviews
from USD 126.00
50,398 results
All reviews temple of dendur european paintings egyptian section greek and roman suggested donation van gogh amazing collection metropolitan museum entrance fee new york on display few hours central park rainy day take your time exhibits louvre
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Wow. Definitely check out the rotating exhibitions - I saw Adrian Piper who is brilliant. BUT, whatever you do, hit the 5th floor and be blown away by the unbelievable collection of all the greatest hits of all the greatest artists. Take or leave the rest depending on the time you have.

While quite full, it is nowhere close to the chaos of a European gallery in Summer.

Go. You won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This is my favorite museum in New York. There were large crowds this year. Missed the line by using my cell phone to buy tickets on the spot. My daughter enjoyed it (age 15). Spent two hours in the museum (I would have stayed longer but teen had other things on the list for the day).

1  Thank Jrtm2014
Reviewed 5 April 2018

This museum is absolutely amazing. The artifacts and paintings are the most I have ever seen. We were there for 4 hours, and it wasn't enough time. If we're ever back in the city, we will definitely come back.

Pricing is $25 per adult.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

So we visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art in March of this year. I suggest going during the week because it was really crowded so I can only imagine how crowded it is on a weekend. When you walk in don't get overwhelmed by the lines, find a ticket machine! Most people get overwhelmed and just follow a crowd. Don't do that we walked in found a machine and had ticket in 2 minutes. Hope that wasn't a secret haha. The museum is beautiful, but also HUGE. There's so much so see so make sure you bring very comfortable walking shoes and plan ahead. This is not a museum where you can see everything in one day. I suggest if you're limited on time mapping out the specific things you want to see and trust me the map doesn't show how big the museum is.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Visited the Met for the first time in February and was truly amazed by the sheer vast and variety of artwork and exhibits found here. If you want to see everything, give yourself a full day (half day at minimum). The lines can be very long and certain exhibits can get crowded and difficult to navigate. I lucked out while visiting as there was a Michelangelo and David Hockney exhibit happening at the same time.

The Met backs on Central Park and there are some truly great bistros and deli just a block over - you can certainly make a full day of it staying in this area. Would return again and again!