“Perhaps the best Paris Bistro in NYC”
Review of Benoit New York

Benoit New York
Reserve with OpenTable
Benoit New York is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,044 of 14,817 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 25 - USD 100
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 5th and 6th Avenues
Description: Restaurant, Wine Bar & Private Dining - Open since 2008, Benoit New York is the third member of internationally-acclaimed Chef Alain Ducasse's Benoit family - which also includes the bistro in Paris since 1912 and Benoit Tokyo. In New York, guests enjoy a warm and authentic experience and a menu filled with traditional bistro dishes with a modern flair. In August 2016, the restaurant underwent a renovation, bringing a contemporary New York City touch to the classic French restaurant.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Benoit is the impeccable Parisian Bistro. From the concise yet variety rich menu to a comprehensive wine list covering old and new worlds to its plush velvety decor it makes you feel in Madeleine. Must haves are oysters, poulet roti, and raspberry soufflé with pistachio ice cream. Service is attentive and prices are at the high end.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

My son, wife, and I ate at Benoit on a Thursday night. We were seated at a table along the wall, not very crowded, which made conversation enjoyable as it wasn't very noisy. My son and wife ordered the meat selection and flatbread for appetizers, very tasty and filling, I was full afterwards and was almost wished I hadn't ordered an entre. My wife and son both had the scallops, I had the duck, all plates were clean by dinners end. Wine selection was extensive and pricey, a thorough search did reveal some hidden bargains. We were so full that we skipped dessert.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We ate here twice last week: once because we were looking for a nice dinner before the theatre and the second time because we so completely enjoyed our first dinner, we wanted to return for the roast chicken and charcuterie appetizer that we saw at another table and that were recommended by the head sommelier.

Both dinners were excellent with outstanding and attentive service. Benoit exemplifies an outstanding wait staff, well-curated wine list (including wines by the glass), all in the service of a classic and delicious menu. I think they were surprised to see us back so soon ... our plan is to dine at Benoit more regularly. Alexis (head sommelier) and Christopher (general manager) made our experiences exemplary - but, everyone on the staff demonstrated how well orchestrated this restaurant is.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

The food was consistent with French fare—the sauces, the lagniappe, etc. The waiters were fabulous! Personable and in good spirits. Red banquettes added an element of “happy”. Both the front bar and back seating area were welcoming.

Unlike a prior review, I also had the scallops on March 16th. They were perfectly seasoned and cooked.

Service and food were great and we plan to be back!

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Average meal, below average service. The scallops were mediocre. My dates Salmon was dry. We should have sent the meal back. This place came highly recommend and was a great disappointment.