“Perfect Israeli Meal!”

Ranked #1,783 of 15,761 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Meatpacking District
Neighbourhood: Meatpacking District
Reviewed 23 January 2018

After walking the Highline and enjoying a gorgeous daw walking from Greenwich Village down to Chelsea, we met some friends for a late lunch at Dizengoff. Admittedly, I am already a bit of a fan as I own and cook from the Zahav cookbook and watched Chef Solomonov's Netflix special. Still, our group of 9 feasted like kings and queens on our lunch of shakshuka, hummus and pita, salatim and chicken. As a vegetarian I appreciated the fresh salatim which tasted as good as they do from your corner restaurant in Israel. The hummus was a standout! We had the traditional version which was absolutely delicious and authentic. The picked cucumbers were my favorite. Also loved the beet salad and the carrot salad. The shakshuka was good but I still prefer the version served at Ottolenghi restaurants in London and the recipe I make at home. But all around I highly recommend a stop here for anyone who loves Israeli or Mediterranean food!

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Warm freshly baked pita bread and hummus is a go to on a cold winter night and Dizengoff is the stop. Choose the beet salad and your healthy dinner is set.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

The promise of freshly baked pita, smooth textured perfectly flavored hummus topped with ground chicken, roasted shredded beets lightly mixed with tahini, roasted eggplant and the spiciest shakshuka imaginable make fighting the Saturday morning crowds at Chelsea market worthwhile. Limited menu designed for a light lunch or snack. Come with a companion to save a seat. Can’t say enough about Chef Solomonov’s cooking — Zahav is an amazing restaurant and the cookbook is fabulous.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

I had the hummus chicken. Hummus is out of this world and i am not really a fan of hummus and chicken was delicious. Had the israeli salad..as good as expected and the maroccan carrots salad, A little too dry. My friend had the shachouka. Eggs were a little too cooked. Will go back for chicken and hummus. Great fast delicious food

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Pita bread daily made, fresh, hot and tasty. Couldn’t believe the perfect dishes made with perfection in all details.
Looks good, taste good, spicy as desired.
The best spot at Chelsea market