“Fantastic!”

Price range: USD 10 - USD 20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: El Centro truly lives up to its name as the center of Hell's Kitchen's colorful community, where local talent, and theatre and film celebrities meet regularly to unwind and enjoy authentic Mexican fare in a relaxed and festive environment. Having opened in May of 2006, El Centro recently celebrated its ten-year anniversary - and the family at El Centro continues to strive to please our diverse and loyal patrons by serving delicious and affordable high-quality food & beverages that receive the highest ratings and recommendations. Come and make yourself at home in our warm and welcoming environment of festive Milagros (miracles), Corona-bottle chandeliers and bottle-top tables. And enjoy our acclaimed chilaquiles, sizzling fajitas, and imaginative trio of tacos, while you sip on fresh fruit sangria or mouth-watering margaritas or mojitos, frozen or on the rocks, crafted with the fresh squeezed limes and quality tequila!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I had a friend visiting NYC from Milan. He wanted to meet for dinner and we chose El Centro. The food is fabulous, the wait staff is great looking, and the margaritas are STRONG! We love this place.

Our server last night was Chris. He was marvelous.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I visited this restaurant on a recommendation from a young lady in my building. She told me it was the best Mexican food in town and El Centro did not disappoint. I ordered the pescado chilaquiles and it was the best I've EVER had hands down. This is my new favorite go to. The prices were reasonable for a nice amount of food. I'm looking forward to bringing my family and friends when they visit us later this year.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

That was so good I’m so happy we went here... The chicken and pork burritos were totally amazing... recommended!!!!!

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Let me 2nd the general tone of the reviews and say that we loved El Centro. We visited on a Sunday late morning. My wife had the breakfast burrito and I had the breakfast tacos, both were fantastic, the eggs in the burrito were cooked perfectly and the tacos superb. You should go.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

The cheese enchiladas were delicious. Large portion with side dish of tasty black beans and rice. The staff was very nice and considerate. The place is cute. There is seating inside and outside.