See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Worst hotel ever. STAINS everywhere, looked like blood on the wall. Blood stain on the pillow and paint in the shower which looked filthy from the get go. Used the Wyndham app to book bc no other places had a room available and now I understand why. So disappointed in Wyndham for along this kind of lack of standards.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Edward D,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I apologize if you did not feel that our housekeeping met your own standards of cleanliness, though our own standards are very high and include checking up to ensure that rooms are as clean as can be. We want you to experience the best value for your money, to feel comfortable, and to have your expectations exceeded; I hope that this will be the case during your next stay with us.

Reviewed 1 July 2018

I have stayed here before, in 2016. It was a decent 'Super 8' motel in 2016. I was passing through Carlsbad again and decided to just book the same motel this time around, even though reading the reviews I thought I should not. I just thought to myself, maybe those people aren't used to how quaint a Super 8 is. NOPE!

Sure enough, from the moment I walked into the lobby, I felt I was making a mistake staying at this place. It almost seemed like I was a waste of time for the check-in lady. I just let it go. I proceeded to my room, which was STILL DIRTY FROM THE PRIOR GUESTS!!!!! I could not believe this. The bed was unmade and it was just plain dirty. It was as though they had checked out the other guest and I got the room immediately after. For over $200/night ?!?!? I've stayed at Motel 6 before and this is something I'd expect from Motel 6 (don't stay there, either), but NOT Super 8.

I immediately went to the front desk and told the lady about the problem, and she looks in her computer and says she has another room, saying 'it's a smoking room, that's okay right?' NO! Not okay!! YUCK! Needless to say I immediately left and shopped around.

I was able to stay at another HOTEL with a deluxe room for $259/night. SHOP AROUND and DO NOT stay at a Wyndham property in Carlsbad, NM. DO NOT believe any of the reviews on here about clean rooms and nice stay at this place, I cannot see how this place has such a wide range of reviews.

I am a Platinum Wyndham Rewards member, with only a couple of stays left to be a Diamond, I have stayed at over 40 hotel and motel properties in the past 2 years, in 30 US states.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Loc_of_Borg,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. Know that your voice is important to us and that we are addressing the issues that you indicated in an effort to improve upon the guest experience at our hotel. I am sorry that your room was not properly and thoroughly cleaned and maintained according to the high standards of our maintenance and housekeeping staff. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

How there are any reviews higher than a one star rating is beyond me. Dirty carpets. Dirty bathroom. Thick, greasy dust all over the room and AC vents. Pebbles all around the room. Used floss stick on the floor. Sheets had hair all over them. I assume from whoever stayed in there last? Old property that has not been updated. Breakfast was a complete joke. Because of the oil workers in town, price gouging is definitely happening. This room was over $200/night and that was on the lower end in town. Nicer places were $350-400/night. If you are in town just to see the caverns, see if you can find something better hours from Carlsbad. I would not recommend this place to anyone. And unfortunately, I looked at the reviews too late to cancel! Don’t book here and make the same mistake we did! Really a gross place.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank TexTravelChick
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

TexTravelChick,

Reviewed 14 June 2018

I came up to carlsbad for a family vacation with my kids. We stayed at the super 8 and the first thing i noticed was how polite the staff members were upon checking in when i got to my room it smelled a little musky but think it was the air conditioner. The room was clean and the beds were huge which was a plus. The outdoor pool was nice and my kids had fun swimming. The breakfast wasn't real fancy but it was still good overall. I would recommend to other's if your travelling through here you won't be dissapointed i will probably be back again soon.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear lgonza910726,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey and for rating our hotel
so highly! It is very rewarding to hear from you on this matter and we appreciate that you have
acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable experience. Your comments regarding the ways we can still improve are just as important, and we can't wait to show you how we have taken them to heart.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

We went up to take the kids to the water park and decided to spend the night and get some rest before the big day and we went swimming and the pool was nice and clean. The rooms were nice and clean and the breakfast was nice. I am very happy with our stay since we have had bad experiences in the past at other hotels this was a nice surprise. Please keep up the good work.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Hi Lupita V,

Thank you so much for your kind remarks to our breakfast and cleanliness of our rooms. We are all pleased to learn we were able to make you feel comfortable and that our services and accommodations lived up to your expectations. We can't begin to tell you how much we appreciate your five star review, and we can't wait to serve you again!