See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 December 2017

My adopted father and I spent the night on Christmas Day at Motel 6. We had reservations to see Christmas on the Pecos. We arrived early so I didn't think our room would be ready. Merry Christmas too me, it was! The check in was quick as they had my reservation. The room was a modern one, clean and everything worked. The property was well maintained. The groundskeeper was even working on Christmas Day keeping trash cans empty and area picked up. There are several restaurants close by.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Dear Kimberly, we appreciate you recognizing our excellent team members and our property. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, please come again soon. Happy holidays and safe travels!

Best Regards,
Customer Care Team

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Not fancy but Motel 6 never is. There was a small fridge and microwave in the room. The room was clean and everything was there but do not expect a Hilton as you also do not pay for.

This is definitely a budget motel but Motel 6 should start to foresee a coffee machine in the room.

The motel is also used by workers in the oil fields but this does not matter.

The environment is safe but no restaurants at walking distance as the motel is not in downtown.

Free WiFi and this was not the case in Motel 6 before.

Allover rating OK and I would return.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

We are happy that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay, and that you found our hotel, rooms, and amenities to be perfect for your needs. We are also so pleased to read that you would return to stay with us again. Please do let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better. We are always here to help!

Best Regards,
Customer Care Team

Reviewed 13 July 2017

The price is awesome and it's very close to the edge of town, making it an easy drive to the Carlsbad Caverns. It comes with the basic soap and shampoo, flat screen TV and fridge. Upon close inspection, there were a lot of stains and brown splatters on the walls that weren't cleaned. The floor was also very dirty. The a/c had a musty smell to it, but we got used to it pretty soon.

You get what you paid for here.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Clarece, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable visit and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable stay and are disappointed your visit was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

The motel 6 Carlsbad is simple and average. The price was pretty good. Not everything is kept in perfect condition, but it's a motel 6, so that's to be expected. Overall the rooms were decently clean. The beds are not very comfortable if you have a picky back like I do. The rooms have very nice tvs and have microwaves and mini fridges. There is a lack of parking though, had a hard time finding a parking spot after 9pm. I would stay here again if I'm on a budget.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil B
Reviewed 2 June 2017

Checkin was slow; she said the system hadn’t been working so another man reset it for her. A line was forming behind me. This is an original Motel 6 and the room was typical motel 6, but internet was free and pretty good. Parking lot was very dirty (lots of dried mud) with many trucks, and most of the other guests appeared to be oil workers but didn’t bother me. Pool looked green. The shower in my room was really good; it was handheld with great pressure. Typical motel 6 bedding, it was very thin, but I now travel with my own comforter so I threw that on top and was fine. The room had a microwave and fridge which both worked fine. Located on the south side of town so it was an easy drive to the Caverns and there was an IHOP nearby. Great rate of $44.99 + $5.85 (13% tax) for a final of $50.84. I would stay here again, just don't expect much.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo