All reviews in town room was clean fast food long drive one night stay the breakfast area chain gas
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Recent remodel likely. Second floor was being remodeled when I visited, but access is restricted so I never even saw construction work or workers. Very well kept and clean. Friendly staff. Very expensive, but that's reflective of every hotel in town due to oil boom. Next to restaurants, fast food, and gas.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Hotel was great, breakfast was not good (I had better in elementary school but since that is something you can't change I get it), the staff was under-trained and as an employee of IHG, this hotel did not have the customer service it should. Again, great hotel building, maybe train your staff better (I shouldn't have to be put on hold twice by two people for a phone call to get the employee rate, I could have told anyone the employee rate in 2 min).

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Hi Ryan H!

Thanks for choosing us for your trip in Carlsbad and sharing your experience. We appreciate your kind words for our overall hotel aesthetics. I'm very sorry though about the lapses in our hotel staff's service and issue with our breakfast options. While there is a dedicated process to book the employee rate, I also recognize your difficulty in booking the said rate.

The way our staff interact with our guests is one of our main priorities here. I can assure you that what you described is not the usual here nor, our best. That said, I sent you a private message to talk this through, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Once again, thanks for the feedback! We hope to have you again, so we can provide you with the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown fond of.

Safe travels,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and we were pleased with the hotel. Our room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The breakfast was well stocked, and the staff was helpful and friendly.
It is worth noting that the hotel is undergoing a renovation; the entire third floor was closed during our stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2017

I would not recommend this hotel. Although the staff was very friendly and professional, the building is run down and shabby. Compared to other Holiday Inn Express hotels, this one is not up to par. Prices for hotels in the area seemed high when researched and compared online before traveling, BUT...for the prices charged I had hoped for a nicer room/facilities. Breakfast was OK...no complaints there, but nothing special. I hope Holiday Inn will do some updating and make this place nicer and worth the prices charged.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Hi Lori G,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express Carlsbad and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is great to see the excellent rating you gave to our staff service. However, I'm sorry to read that you are not thoroughly impressed with the overall condition of the hotel. We appreciate your comments on the aspects of the hotel that need updating and rest assured, this will be shared with management to determine the areas that will benefit from additional attention.

We value you as our guest and hope you will still choose to stay with us the next time you are in Carlsbad, NM.

Regards,

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 29 October 2017

The room was a standard holiday inn express. No big surprises or disappointments there.
The main reason for my review is the staff. They were very helpful and courtesy. Tamzen at the front desk was able to give a recommendation for a very good restaurant for me to eat at. Thank you very much.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
HIExpress88220, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Good Afternoon Andrew,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us and giving us your feedback of the hotel property. We are so glad to hear that one of our staff members could go over and beyond for you. We will always strive for great customer service!

-Ruth Jefferson