“Best coffee Manteo”

Island Perk Coffee Shop
Ranked #3 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Manteo
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Tried all the locations to get coffee in Manteo. This was by far the best coffee for the least money. Excellent service. Not much on seating and no waterfront views. But, excellent value and super nice people.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

I went to the Island Perk both mornings I was in Manteo. The espresso was excellent, the food was still frozen, and the service was hit and miss. The second morning I ordered a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit. The server had just taken them out of the freezer. The family in front of me had ordered biscuits as well and thus it took about 30 minutes to receive a still mostly frozen biscuit. It appeared she was trying to warm up the biscuits in crock pot. Yes, I'm serious. The cheese wasn't even melted but the biscuit was burnt where it was touching the side of the pot. I had to throw the biscuit away.

The server would take one order at a time and would ignore the next customer until the first order was completed without evening acknowledging the next person in line. She was nice but the service was not all that prompt.

While waiting for my cold biscuit, a customer came in inquiring about Wifi. An older gentlemen, who appeared to be the owner, said they had it, so the lady entered and sat down to connect. Then she waited for ten minutes while looking expectantly at the guy to find out what the network was and password. The guy and server ignored the lady for ten minutes while she stood at the counter. Eventually she just said "Excuse me" to get anyone's attention. The guy/owner did not know what the network name was nor what the password was and the lady finally left frustrated because she could not access the internet and had been ignored while the one gal working tried to make coffee and warm the biscuits.

There was also a sign advertising a breakfast croissant that many people came in and tried to order but they were out of it. Instead of taking down the sign, they just kept telling people they did not have it in. Sigh.

As this was technically off season I would hate to see what they would do when it was tourist season. Great espresso, reasonable prices, terrible execution.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

I have never been to a coffee shop with a more friendly staff. I asked their names and Darian and Chris were so kind, helpful and lovely. Coffee was delicious too

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Within walking distance to everything in manteo, we stoped in Sunday morning and had the bacon egg and cheese biscuit along with a French toast bagel with cream cheese and a Arnold Palmer with fresh squeezed lemon and a fresh squeezed lemonade to drink. Staff was great and efficient.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

I went to the Island Perk for breakfast and had a wonderful bagel with veggie cream cheese and a delicious vanilla latte. My food/coffee were wonderful and the staff was friendly and gave me some great dinner recommendations. I will definitely be going back on future visits!