All reviews great location close to the airport train tracks walking distance to little italy expensive parking two blocks uber ride maritime museum within walking distance beautiful hotel stayed one night valet parking front desk staff seaport village fire pit hotel restaurant gas lamp
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The hotel was a great location for a layover stay. Our first room smelled of tobacco smoke. We were asking about food, and in the one minute we went around the corner 3 people got in line ahead of us and we had to wait 20 minutes just to ask to charge it to our room. The staff knew this is what we were doing and heard by toddler cry in line the whole time, but didn't try to expedite this. No recognition or attempts to improve our experience.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank janealyce
Mark Z, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Downtown/Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hello Janealyce,
I do apologize that we did recognize, or attempt to expedite your purchase in an appropriate way, especially since you were occupied with your toddler. We strive to exceed all of our guests expectations and we clearly did not in your case. I have reviewed with our team to correct this issue in the future.
I once again apologize for your experience and hope that when you are in San Diego again you give us another chance to win youer business.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This hotel is either new or recently refurbished. The lobby is very attractive and the rooms were up-to-date. It’s very close to the airport and borders on “Little Italy”. Although close to the highway and major roads (and the airport), it was very quiet.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Khalat T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Downtown/Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Hello AlanD-Denver,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm glad to hear you were satisfied with the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

This was a perfect hotel, fantastic location and excellent staff to help every step of the way. I stay almost exclusively at Hilton branded properties, and this amongst the best I have been at. Close to the water, great restaurants, and Old Town, zoo, etc. would highly recommend to families in town for the first time!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello Colin,

Thank you for staying with us. As a Hilton Honors member, you are one of our most valued guests! We look forward to being your hotel of choice any time you are in the San Diego area.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Not the best start.

Arrived to the hotel at 2 pm no rooms available because they had some late check outs , i totally understood since check in time is 3 pm everywhere, so 1 am went back to the hotel , Larry checked me in , they got mad on me when I asked why the check in process was taking forever their answer was “we are experiencing issues with our system) felt like they told me that trying to excuse themselves from something that was definitely not my problem ...so after 20 minutes we got our room keys... we booked 2 queen beds harbor view and guess what ? surprise.... room had 1 bed , went back to the front desk to tell the staff I would have preferred being told of this from the beginning and she accepted the hotel had no more two bed rooms so why do you lie to your guests? After that, I Asked the front desk to bring blankets to make the sofa bed more comfortable cause sleeping in the same bed with my friend was definitely not my plan . security arrived 20 minutes later .... expected to receive some kind of service but instead security guard just threw the pillows and blankets over the bed (not even tried to pretend like customer service is important for the hotel )

Let’s see what happens the rest of my stay !!

Trip type: Travelled on business
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Downtown/Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear rvalle8409,

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry we didn’t provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the issues encountered at check-in and that we were unable to provide you with the room type reserved, and we’re working with our team to ensure the situations don’t happen again. As well, we are very sorry for the service received when the blankets and pillows were brought up to your room and will address this with our staff. Your feedback is genuinely appreciated as it is the first step in helping us improve our services. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We stayed one night before flying back home. Wanted to be close to the airport. Great location - walked to Little Italy and to the Star of India. Very friendly, nice staff. Super clean and new hotel - it's less than a year old. I'd definitely stay here again. Front desk was very nice - my daughter needed a pencil to do some math homework and young man at front desk got her one from his backpack - very kind. And even though the airplanes are flying low and overhead, somehow there is no airplane noise which was great for sleeping!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Khalat T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Downtown/Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Hello jomalleyghori,

Thank you for staying with us! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to be your hotel of choice for your future visits to San Diego. Good luck to you daughter on her math class - we're rooting for her!