“Sad”

Ranked #1,305 of 5,555 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: USD 3 - USD 16
Dining options: Takeout
Neighbourhood: Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Description: George and Martha Faradjian opened Cafe Socrates in San Diego in 1997. Our mission is to provide the best, most authentic and highest quality Mediterranean cuisine in San Diego. The menu was inspired by Martha's cooking talents and became very popular with customers as well as critics. The restaurant had several write-ups in local papers rating its food and service as excellent.
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

I ordered a gyro. I expected a sandwich smothered in tomatoes, cucumber sauce and onions. Instead I received a piece of pita bread, meat, rice and a Greek salad. When I asked where the rest of the stuff was I was told I ordered the plate instead of a sandwich. They never offered to make it right. I would have paid the difference. I choked it down. Never again.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

The Fashion Valley Mall is possibly one of the most generic dull "could be anywhere" type places we have drifted through. Wouldnt have bothered but needed something to eat after arriving in San Diego after a drive from LA.

The food court area is devoid of most of the big players - no McDonalds KFC Pizza Hut etc which is a good thing and gives smaller enterprises a chance to stand out.

We had a couple of Giros Kebabs and they were great. Very friendly young ladies serving - overall for a food court outley a nice ambiance all round. Really nice Kebab and a nice selection of dipping sauces and the like to choose to go with it.

So thank you - bit of an unexpected treat in Blandsville USA.

Reviewed 17 May 2016

The food was fine. The fires were the best I have ever tasted. My fiance love the wraps she had. she though they were delicious and the bit she shared with me was very good

Reviewed 5 November 2015

Part of food court at Fashion Valley mall. Good size portions, made on premises while you wait, only short time, with friendly service from staff. Nice common area to sit in sun or under cover. Good value for money.

Reviewed 3 November 2015

Nothing offensive about the food, but it was very bland. Does not warrant the high rating (currently 4.5/5). Tried the ground beef kebab platter and chicken kabob sandwich - both were typically bland food court fare.