“Great Cheesesteaks!”

Cuisines: Soups
Neighbourhood: Point Loma
Neighbourhood: Point Loma
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Great little sandwich shop in Pt. Loma, right near SeaWorld. The cheestesakes come in 3 different sizes as well as choices for toppings and types of cheese. The Pizza Steak is my favorite and it comes with pepperoni, provolone cheese and red sauce. They also have fries and garlic fries as well as Tastykake's and cold subs as well.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Dare you to find a better cheesesteak anywhere! Just the right bread, Nice and soft! For the cold cut lovers, Sophia Loren is off the hook! Super fat fries, just all-around great food. Definitely recommend it to anyone new to Sd or old...

Reviewed 16 December 2016

We had a lunch meeting, one of those mandatory ones that must be endured once a year. The sandwiches smelled so good and we were being tortured having to wait until the presentation was 1/2 over. They had gotten a little cold waiting for us but boy, they were amazing!. So much so that on the way out I grabbed one for an afternoon snack (they had been cut into smaller pieces). How good would they be fresh off the grill. Well, stopped by for lunch after picking my wife up at the airport on a Saturday. Wow, so good! However, I got the Baja Cheesesteak which has jalapenos on it. There we actually too many and sort of covered up the wonderful flavor. In the future, I will get the regular one and they have jalapenos on the condiment bar to put on myself.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

Based on favorable online reviews, we ordered the steak & cheese sandwich. The bun was fresh & good, but the steak had a lot of grizzle. It was cooked well & the cheese was delicious. Maybe it was just a bad piece of meat? The counter person was friendly and the restaurant was spotless.

Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

Neat little sandwich mom and pop that prepares delicious steak or chicken subs. Make it a meal to include drink and fries for a few bucks more. Garlic fries...yumm! I was most impressed that the young lady from behind the counter came outside to ask if everything was good (a handful of outside tables are available). The place was busy but not packed. My crystal ball sees packed and more locations in their future!

Been to Gaglione Brothers Famous Steak? Share your experiences!