“Cool Cafe in Pacific Beach”
Review of Cafe 976

Cafe 976
Ranked #1,154 of 4,744 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Pacific Beach
“Cool Cafe in Pacific Beach”
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Great spot to hang out with a cup of coffee, small snack and a good book. Why? Mostly because of the great outdoor seating area.

Prescott, Arizona, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great atmosphere with even better food!”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

This cafe has charm! It reminded me of some of the cafe's you'd see in Portland. It's in an old home converted into a restaurant. Cute patio and outdoor seating. I ordered the Hot Oats with brown sugar, raisins and almonds.... it was delicious! My friend ordered a bagel sandwich that was sooo good that I actually wanted to ditch my oats for her bagel.

The coffee was fresh brewed and had a great flavor. My chai tea.... one of the BEST I've ever had. It was a bit on the sweet side if you don't like a sweet chai, but the flavor and foam... unreal!

I'll come back again... and again!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Angie R
Montreal, Canada
“Great cozy coffee place”
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Visited SD in May 2011 with 2 friends. Every morning, we'd take a small walk to that Cafe to grab our morning coffee. Lots better than all those chains nearby. Breakfasts weren't the best but they had great lunch options. Salads were to die for.

• Visited May 2011
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 29 August 2008

Although the scenery is lovely and lush with plants, it tends to attract flies and gnats that aren't so lovely when you are trying to eat. The service was inattentive and almost discriminatory. I was told by the waitress that I couldn't have what I wanted to order, because an oven was broken, just to hear her take the same order from the table beside us less than 3 minutes later. Even then, the table that arrived after us received their food a full 15 minutes before us though the order was nearly the same. I ordered a Mexican Hot Chocolate, which was watered down. The food was decent though tainted, since it was entirely not what I was in the mood for and I was painfully aware of the lady at the next table finishing exactly what I had wanted before my food ever arrived. Overall: Good food, Bad service, Not so great Mexican Hot Chocolate.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook