THE US GRANT, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Diego
Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
USD 158
USD 145
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 213/night.

USD 242
USD 226
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 324/night.

Hilton San Diego Bayfront(San Diego)(Great Value!)
USD 212
USD 192
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 257/night.

Kings Inn San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
USD 145
USD 315
USD 326
USD 227
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 278/night.

USD 235
USD 227
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 337/night.

USD 224
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 253/night.

USD 235
USD 182
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 224/night.

USD 190
Priceline
2,617 results
All reviewsgaslamp districtsignature suitelandmark suitehorton plazabeautiful hotelturn down servicehomeless peoplestreet noisethe gas lamp districtbeautiful lobbyvalet parkingconcierge deskbottled watercorner roombalboa parkconvention centeruss midway
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My mom and I stayed 4 nights in this fabulous hotel in the GasLamp quarter of San Diego. We had a beautiful, large room on the "elite" floor - 2 beds, a large bathroom, and a nice view of the courtyard. It was quiet and lovely. The room itself was stylish with museum-like finishings, including large one-of-a-kind canvas art work above each bed. The decor was like refurbished antique style. However, if you prefer contemporary/modern, you may not like it.

The service was exceptional. The manager knew us by name, and we were greeted 'good evening" "good afternoon" etc. every time we entered and left the lobby. Those little details really made us feel special. We also enjoyed the complimentary lavendar infused lemonade in the lobby. The lobby itself is grand and gorgeous, and we enjoyed the jazz piano musician that played in the lobby bar one evening.

The location was great - lots of restaurants nearby, easy access to transit, and a mall across the street. We relied on transit the entire trip (including to/from the airport) and it was fine. We both bought transit passes - I think it was $18 for 4 days for unlimited travel - so worth it! We visitied La Jolla, Pacific Beach, Balboa Park, Little Italy, Old Town, Coronado, and even Mission Valley - all on transit.

We did not eat at the hotel so I can't comment on the food there... there were so many reasonably priced places nearby that we wanted to try out.

A warning - the neighborhood is a little sketchy only a few blocks away from this hotel, so you may not want to walk alone late at night, though we were never bothered by anyone.

Tip - we found that 5th street is THE nightlife street - restaurants are packed at night, even on weekdays, and there is live music everywhere! It's great!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I stayed here with my wife and had booked one of the smaller rooms. When we went to the room I was definitely disappointed. It was very small and had a partition. I called downstairs and stated that I wasn't that happy about the room. The hotel was pretty booked up but the staff showed me an available suite. He was kind enough to offer me the room for a reasonable upgrade fee, which I really appreciated. The suite was really amazing and spacious, and had nice views. The decor was very nice as well.
The hotel is in a great location, close to many restaurants and Horton Plaza.
We had breakfast our last morning here. My wife ordered a plate and when it was presented, it was not what she had pictured--they happily took it back and let her order something else. The staff at this hotel was great and accommodating, which was much appreciated. I have booked a room here for another stay in June of this year.

Room Tip: Beware that the cheaper rooms can be very small.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We spent three nights in this grand old hotel. Our room was great but my daughter's had some weird smell (skunk like) on the second night which they temporarily fixed with spray. All in all, though, we had a good time there.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2012

It seems the hotel staff wasn't aware that I was staying in the room that I was in. Around 10 am, after the first night there, a male housekeeper burst right into my room, without knocking, while me and my girlfriend were... occupied with each other. Needless to say she was very embarrassed, and this experience ruined our entire trip.

I told the hotel staff about this incident, and they forwarded me to the hotel director who offered me a bottle of wine as an apology. Of course I accepted, as I figured this is quite a nice hotel with a very expensive taste in alcohol, at least it should be a good bottle. Nope, I was given a cheap $15 bottle of wine that wasn't even on the hotel's alcohol menu. What a joke, this was just a huge slap in the face.

To top it all off, I asked twice to have a refrigerator brought up to my room. The first time I asked was when I first arrived, the second when I asked the concierge over the phone. Both times my request went unfulfilled. I ended up placing my perishables in the hotel mini-bar fridge out of desperation, which ended up charging multiple items to my hotel tab (due to the weight adjustment). I ended up owing about $100 in drinks I never even drank. By the end of the trip I was just so sick of everything, I didn't even care to check out. By the way for those wondering, apparently the US Grant thinks a coke not even the size of a small can is worth $4.95, and a small 8oz red bull is $9.95. Both of which are still inside the mini-bar.

I guess I shouldn't forget one last thing, when we arrived my girlfriend (being the superstitious person that she is) asked the Bellhop if the hotel was haunted, since the hotel is indeed over 100 years old. Without skipping a beat, the bellhop tells her it is indeed haunted and tells her a few scary stories not paying attention to the face I was making to tell him to stop. This completely RUINED her experience, she was frightened most of the night and thought every little sound she heard was a ghost. How could someone from the hotel staff do this?! I spent over $1,000 to stay here 3 nights, and my girlfriend was completely distraught the entire trip.

Needless to say, I won't be staying here again. I'd rather stay at a motel 6, at least I know their staff wont forget that I'm in my room, they'll be happy to give me a mini-fridge, and they will give me complimentary breakfast. Oh yeah, and a motel 6 won't scare the living hell out of my girlfriend.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel like the plague. Choose one of the cheaper ones around the area, you'll get a better experience.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JohnFitch12
Douglas K, General Manager at THE US GRANT, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

We appreciate you providing us with detailed information regarding your unpleasant experience in our property. I deeply apologize for the distress caused by the issues you enumerated and would like to have the opportunity to discuss this with you further. Please feel free to contact me directly at 619-744-2005 at your most convenient time.

Douglas R. Korn

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I felt like a 1920s movie star. Building is so deco and gorgeous. Rooms are tight but lovely (I still wear my US Grant slippers!). Great location, tons to do. Staff was very nice. Even let us stash our bags the day we checked out so we could explore the city one last time. For a unique hotel experience in the heart of the Gaslamp Quarter, this gem won't disappoint. I would absolutely stay here again .

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple