1,349 results
All reviews harbor view room an early morning flight shuttle service free shuttle small balcony point loma close to downtown rental car front desk staff parking fee enjoyed my stay convenient location gaslamp district navy balconies uber proximity
Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

Celebrated our anniversary. Had a great view of the bay. Special treatment for our special day. Comfy and clean. Even though we are near the airport, the bay view is quiet, except for the occasional jet ski.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lisa P, Front Office Manager at Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2016

Thank you for your recent review and choosing to spend your Anniversary with us! I am delighted that we were able to make you feel extra special during your visit and you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion!

Reviewed 18 June 2016

It was a getaway with my husband and we decided to pay a little extra for our one night in San Diego before we hopped on a boat. The room was not worth the price at all for a Hilton on the water we were not impressed. Will not stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank joannag368
Lisa P, Front Office Manager at Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2016

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We take pride in normally exceeding our guests expectations and I apologize that we were unable to deliver the same experience during your stay. We hope you reconsider and decide to give us another chance on a future occasion.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

This hotel was a total embarrassment. First the people below me were smoking Marijuana on their deck and the stinking smoke filled my room. And then I was charged 2 times mess for a restaurant charge once on my room bill them a second charge to my credit card. So I paid two times for the same crappy meal. I have been trying to reach the hotel manager for a week however he or she is never available when I call and none of my calls have been returned. I'm a HHonors member and have stayed at numerous Hilton properties but after this experience I would say I'm done with Hilton forever. Tracker beware on this one trust me do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else he'll anywhere else!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Gabriel M, Manager at Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2016

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We sincerely apologize for the disappointing experience with the people who were smoking and the error regarding our restaurant. We will take all of your comments under consideration as we continually work to enhance our guests' experience. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, we do hope that you will afford us the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

My experience was first bad and then much better. Upon arrival at the hotel, my Diamond status earned me a room on the 'executive floor,' the 8th floor (of 9 total). After spending a few minutes in the room, I realized that the room faced a very active runway of the San Diego airport. Forget about enjoying the ocean breeze. I returned to the front desk and asked why a Diamond member would be given one of the worst rooms in the hotel. It turns out that there are three distinct sections of this hotel, only one of which faces the airport runway. Curiously, I asked what amenities are offered on the 'executive floor.' The response was that 'the executive floors are above all the other floors." Hmmmm. After a day of runway noise I was transferred to a room across the hall. This faces the Marine Air facility and thus has the constant but not oppressive droning of helicopters from early morning to late night. However, it was not so loud that it prevented us from enjoying the balcony and view of the harbor. This is a well-worn old Hilton. Another positive note is that the front desk and restaurant personnel were very courteous and helpful. Did I say that this place was no bargain? I think I paid ~$260 per night, including taxes. So, it is not a great value for the price.

Room tip: 'Marina View' means facing San Diego Airport runway.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for the issues that you experienced during your stay. We strive to make each of our guests feel welcomed and we apologize that you did not feel valued as a Diamond guest. We will be sure to take your comments about our property under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. Thank you again and we hope you reconsider us for a future stay.

Reviewed 17 June 2016

I had a fabulous time. Room was great and the view was even better. Definitely would stay here again. The breakfast buffet was fantastic, choice of foods was very substantial. My family totally enjoyed our stay even tho it was a short one.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your 5 star review! I am so happy that you had such a fabulous time staying with us. Even during your short time with us I am glad you were able to enjoy our on property restaurant and the stunning view from your room. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion!