1,115 results
All reviews ocean front lifeguard station underground parking partial view room continental breakfast pool and hot tub homeless people beach towels perfect location within walking distance hear the waves boogie boards yogurt hard boiled eggs bars and restaurants mission beach the san diego area
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Stayed here in Nov from Monday - Thursday and were very please. The room is great, very clean with great views. The Continental breakfast in the morning was great and convenient. Fat Fish is great for Taco Tuesday and it just up the street !!! Ale House is right across the street and the food was just as great !!. CVS / Starbucks is also across the street which is convenient. The Zoo was a 20 Min drive and so were the La Jolla cliffts. The pool / hot tub area is small but nice and empty as we were there in off season. I will certainly be a returning customer !! The staff was also pleasant and helpful

Room Tip: Highfloors have better views, fat fish and ale house are great for food
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Great hotel located within steps to the beach, restaurants, bars, grocery store, etc. My husband and I stayed here two nights before going to Hawai‘i. Staff was friendly and easy going. Complimentary breakfast had limited options (bagels, boiled eggs, pastries, fruit, cereal, etc) but was satisfactory. Would recommend if you are planning a trip to Pacific Beach!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Ocean Park Inn is a well maintained property with a great location. Our room was a nice size and had a great view of the ocean. It was a bit of walk from the elevator to our room but as the lady at check in assured us it was worth it. The bathroom had a nice walk-in shower. Beach towels, robes, a coffee maker and refrigerator were nice extras included with our room. The breakfast was basic so we walked to Konos for breakfast burritos and enjoyed them on our patio overlooking the beach and ocean. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. There are many places to eat (and drink) within walking distance. We had a nice pizza with great service at The Sandbox. I look forward to staying at OPI again.

Room Tip: Second floor facing the ocean, very nice location. Rooms facing the alley might experience some noise from the bar across the alley.
Reviewed 8 November 2017

My wife and spent five nights at the Ocean Park Inn. We wanted to stay on the beach and in a comfortable location and the Ocean Park Inn met our objectives. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We had an ocean view room on the second floor with a balcony.

We rented a car and was able to park in the garage underneath the hotel for $15/day. Breakfast is part of the package and the breakfasts are typical of what you would find at Hampton Inn or other chain hotels.

The location was outstanding. We were steps away from the beach and many other bars and restaurants. Not knowing San Diego very well, we were not aware that this neighborhood caters to a younger crowd, but we never had any issues with noise.

Room Tip: Ask for an Ocean View on the upper floors.
1  Thank BBrownHouTex
Reviewed 4 November 2017

Great Location right on Pacific Beach, staff very friendly and helpful, but also quite chilled which I liked …. I asked for some sort of ocean view if possible and they managed to give me a partial one from my balcony on the 3rd floor which was fine as I didn't spend that much time in the room. Getting up to it was interesting as it was on the far wing, only one elevator, so a bit of a meandering walk down the hall giving you time to take in the very old avocado green carpet and coordinating green paint job on the walls, and those shrivelled net curtains did make me smile ... defiantly in need of a refurbishment … but the room was modern and very clean with a nice comfortable bed. Had a sign you could put out on it if you wanted linen changed with a great message about saving the planet from detergent which I was impressed with, but then everything else was plastic ... glasses, even the cups, plates and knives & forks for breakfast which I can only assume was so they did not have to pay for glassware, crockery, cutlery and for someone to have to wash it all up ... just easier to throw it all away, which sort of contradicts that message, but hey it is America!!! Most of the food is processed, and instant but perhaps that is the norm here for a continental breakfast …. Lady looking after the service was lovely, showed me how to make my first and probably last waffle. Beautiful pool, and then the beach just a few steps away; easy to get bus anywhere so I would absolutely consider staying here again if I ever wound back up in Diego

Room Tip: Quite a walk from the elevator to the far rooms
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo