1,119 results
All reviews ocean front lifeguard station underground parking partial view room continental breakfast pool and hot tub homeless people beach towels within walking distance perfect location hear the waves boogie boards yogurt hard boiled eggs third floor bars and restaurants the breakfast area
Reviewed 8 November 2017

My wife and spent five nights at the Ocean Park Inn. We wanted to stay on the beach and in a comfortable location and the Ocean Park Inn met our objectives. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We had an ocean view room on the second floor with a balcony.

We rented a car and was able to park in the garage underneath the hotel for $15/day. Breakfast is part of the package and the breakfasts are typical of what you would find at Hampton Inn or other chain hotels.

The location was outstanding. We were steps away from the beach and many other bars and restaurants. Not knowing San Diego very well, we were not aware that this neighborhood caters to a younger crowd, but we never had any issues with noise.

Room tip: Ask for an Ocean View on the upper floors.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BBrownHouTex
Reviewed 4 November 2017

Great Location right on Pacific Beach, staff very friendly and helpful, but also quite chilled which I liked …. I asked for some sort of ocean view if possible and they managed to give me a partial one from my balcony on the 3rd floor which was fine as I didn't spend that much time in the room. Getting up to it was interesting as it was on the far wing, only one elevator, so a bit of a meandering walk down the hall giving you time to take in the very old avocado green carpet and coordinating green paint job on the walls, and those shrivelled net curtains did make me smile ... defiantly in need of a refurbishment … but the room was modern and very clean with a nice comfortable bed. Had a sign you could put out on it if you wanted linen changed with a great message about saving the planet from detergent which I was impressed with, but then everything else was plastic ... glasses, even the cups, plates and knives & forks for breakfast which I can only assume was so they did not have to pay for glassware, crockery, cutlery and for someone to have to wash it all up ... just easier to throw it all away, which sort of contradicts that message, but hey it is America!!! Most of the food is processed, and instant but perhaps that is the norm here for a continental breakfast …. Lady looking after the service was lovely, showed me how to make my first and probably last waffle. Beautiful pool, and then the beach just a few steps away; easy to get bus anywhere so I would absolutely consider staying here again if I ever wound back up in Diego

Room tip: Quite a walk from the elevator to the far rooms
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for, we were given a disabled room (not sure why), great location right on the sea front and feet from bars and restaurants. Staff were always friendly and helpfull room was a bit tired and dated but was clean and comfortable. Breakfast selection seems to be a pretty standard in all hotels so nothing to get excited about. Eating out we used to share one meal as the portions can be huge. Overall this hotel gets 8/10 for friendly staff good location.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Great location, right on the beach. Nice pool area with well maintained equipment, everything in the hotel looks like it's either been recently updated or looked after. They offer a continental breakfast with waffles, cereal, bagels and muffins. Close by is CVS, 7-11 and more restaurants and bars than you could visit in a very long stay. There are security gates to the pool area from the beach which you access with your room key and parking is on-site and is reasonable considering the area. This place is a winner, I'll be back.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2017

If you are looking to stay on the Beach while in San Diego while in walking distance of plenty bars and restaurants this is the perfect location. The beach is right at your front door and plenty of selection regards food and drinks within a five minute walk. The hotel itself is pretty basic but it I would recommend to anyone looking to get a spot close to everything.