“bad service”

Ranked #103 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Norco, California
“bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

checked in got my keys i had to go back to front desk 3 times and still did not work on the door finaly the duty engineer on site showed up and said it does not matter what key you have this door will not open until this is fully reprogramed finally the person at the front desk showed up to give me a diffrent room got in there then the ac when turned on made a horrible sound i had to wait for them to repair that on site by this time my evening plans were all shot i stayed 2 nights when checking out i asked for some compensation for all the problems that i had they only gave me forty dollars that was it i wont be back there ever again

Room Tip: thers is no elevator to 2nd floor get a ground floor room
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
GenMgrSanDiego_CA, General Manager at Handlery Hotel San Diego, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I'm sorry that we did not live up to your exectations and we will work on improving. I wish you the best with your travels.
Pete Lassalette

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Huntington Beach, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

We had an hour to check in and get ready for a wedding thanks to traffic, but it's doable!

When we first checked in, we found that we had been given a room that was already taken. Either they gave our room away, or someone stole our room. 30 mins later, they upgraded us to a king for our troubles, which was a nice gesture, but they put us in the farthest building and by the time we got there I had 15 mins left to get ready.

AND...the room we got was really dirty!!! Boot prints in our shower, when I moved the lamp to plug in my phone, there was a large sticky stain. The bed sheets had black spots on them. GROSS! I didn't have time to ask for a different room as we were already running late.

Honestly this place is more of a motel than a hotel.

When i got back at night, i could not make myself comfortable. I didn't want to touch anything. I got up extra early the next day and checked out as soon as we could. I'm by no means a clean/neat freak. I've been to motels and inns and they've been fine.

3 Thank R C
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations and we will do our best to improve. I'll follow up witht hte staff and share your review with them so we can improve. I wish you safe travels in the future.

Travellers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Newport Beach, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

I stayed here for one night before running the San Diego half marathon. The location was good for that since the hotel was approximately 5 miles from Sea World where the race parking was located. The hotel was clean but not remarkable. It is located right off the highway, but is very quiet. The hotel staff was very helpful in giving us a great recommendation for Mexican food in Old Town- Cafe Coyote. There is a $12 a night charge for parking per car. This was a fine place to sleep, but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here.

Room Tip: I was in the La Jolla building which is that farthest from the main building. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Obviously we can always do better so i will pass on your comments to the staff. If your travels find you in San Diego again, please do not hesitate to call me directly to set up your reservation.
CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

Just recently stayed in the Del Mar building. Standard double room. The room was very small, but clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was small and basically looked clean. Except there was something pretty gross on the shower curtain. The staff automatically brought us extra pillows and blankets, but we didnt use them the bed already had plenty of pillows. What was very bothersome was the incredibly thin walls. We heard people all night walking in the hallways, the people in the rooms next to ours. We could hear the cars arriving in the parking lot. Pretty much even the toilet flushing next door. Honestly I think it's a little overpriced, and I would not return. I'd pay a little extra to stay at a nicer place.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay but do apologize for the noise. I'll be sure to pass on your comments and try to find a solution to keep help. I am glad that the staff was responsive and helped you out in a timely and friendly manner. if your travels find you back in San DIego please contact me directly.
Avoca Beach
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

Just want to say a huge thankyou to staff Amanda and Jeff who are great assets to the Handlery Hotel. Our stay was cut short but we could not speak highly enough of Amanda's professionalism and kindness.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thanks for the nice review and I'm so glad Amanda and Jeff were able to help. We look forward to having you back the next time you find yourself in San Diego.