1,693 results
All reviewspf changsindoor poolla jollaevening receptionmall across the streetkoi pondmade to order breakfastfree happy hourparking garagethe sofa bedcomplimentary breakfastno elevatorthe breakfast areaper daybusiness centerroom keyfamily vacation
Reviewed 13 August 2018

This hotel exceeded our expectations. My husband and I stayed here for 5 days. We have always stayed at high end hotels and this hotel offered just as many benefits as a high end hotel at 1/2 the price. The complementary breakfast buffet was amazing. It was the same as if you went to a restaurant and paid for the buffet but it was all free. At night they has a complientary reception with food and drinks all free. The rooms were clean, large and had everything you could need and want. The living room area had a pull out sofa, chair, desk tv and small sink area with a coffee maker. There was a refrigerator and microwave. The bedroom area was large and the bed was very comfortable. There was a fitness room and indoor pool. The staff was very friendly and helpful as well. Rental car on premises. Extremely happy with our hotel stay

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Teresa C
jennifer v, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego - La Jolla, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are pleased we could take care of you and your husband. Thank you for the positivity and taking the time to let everyone know how your experience here was. Best wishes.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

I accidentally reserved a room a day earlier than I arrived. Did not realize until evening time when I spoke to front desk. I asked if they could speak to management to waive the first night. The agent said they were slow on Monday and seemed confident and stated she will talk to management. Never heard back. Next day I followed up to see if managment reviewed my situation. The clerk said no and said he will leave a note. Again never heard from management. When I returned home I took the time to write the General Manager. She received my email. However, five days later still have not heard back.

I made an honest error. All I was asking was for management to call me back so I can discuss my error. Front desk does not have authority. If management said no then I would understand. However, to completely ignore their customer is disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Sanjay C

Dear Sanjay C,
Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. Our 72 hour cancellation/edit reservation policy should have been fully explained at the time you inquired. Based on your feedback we will definitely let our agents know they are empowered to make decisions and to communicate properly our hotel policies with our guests. Thank you for taking the time to write our General Manager. We assure to do better in the future with follow-up and response, when it comes to guest issues. Best regards.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

Stayed here 4 nights on a month long trip in California. Lovely hotel, spotless, breakfast included as per usual. Lovely area and free shuttle locally is a bonus too. Indoor pool and outdoor hot tub. Only quibble was expensive rate due to comic con weekend in San Diego I guess? Washer dryer on each floor so handy (and free) for weary travelers. All staff friendly and helpful. Housekeeping excellent. La Jolla lovely are to spend a few days in.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a considerate review. We are pleased we meant your expectations and hope to exceed them on future stays to come. Best wishes.

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Everything you would expect from an Embassy Suites. Front desk reception was very friendly and informative about street parking and getting to LaJolla Cove. Room was very clean and our request for high floor and away from elevator was spot on. It loses a star due to $31 parking and long lines at both the cocktail reception and breakfast. The cocktail hour had veggies, chips and dip but no cheese or meats. Only two people working the bar meant the line for a drink was long. We were early for breakfast so our wait wasn’t long but saw others who came a little later had a long line. Of course the staff and the cooks at the omelet station were very accommodating.
The hotel is by the University, we Uber’d to town and the cove for less than $10 each way.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Neil K

Thank you for all your valuable feedback regarding your stay with us. On your next visit, we hope to take care of you even better and would be happy to offer some suggestions for alternate parking, as well as passing along your feedback to our Food and Beverage department. Best wishes.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

This was a great hotel. From the staff at check in to the clean room to the breakfast, everything was just right. The location is perfect to get around San Diego. We went to the beach, shopping at UTC, and drove around. It is convenient to the airport. I have stayed at some Embassy Suites hotels that leave a lot to be desired. This one should be the standard.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us and thank you for your business. We look forward to taking care of you again on your next visit to San Diego. Best wishes.