1,722 results
All reviews pf changs indoor pool la jolla evening reception mall across the street koi pond made to order breakfast free happy hour parking garage complimentary breakfast the sofa bed no elevator the breakfast area per day room key business center business trip
Reviewed 15 August 2017

This is our 5th year returning to this hotel and we love it. Its great for the family and we love the kitchen staff especially, Romeo and Mario are the greatest and welcome us back with open arms! We will be back next year!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

It was my anniversary August 6. Staying at the Embassy Suites was amazing. I would defiantly come back. I love how clean and comforting this place can be to come and relax. We would of love to stay for few more days but planned last minute to stay at the Embassy Suites. Thank you very much.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2017

After a day at the beach we returned to our suite only to find our tub filled with waste water from backed up plumbing issue. Hotel staff unable to resolve issue as technician was gone for the day. Also unable to switch rooms because hotel was at max capacity apparently. They assured me the problem would be handled by the technician in the morning. In the meantime, overnight, the stinky standing water was in my tub. Even with technician fixing the problem in the morning, the issue repeated itself every time my neighbors used their bathrooms. I had to call front desk repeatedly and it was obvious they were frustrated with my calls. The experience was horrible - Imagine standing in your shower after they tell you its fixed, and someone else' waste water fills your tub while you are in there! It was absolutely disgusting. To make things even more irritating, they had a text system where on and off it would send you a text asking how your stay was going. Obviously, this text system is not talking with their front desk! From staffs' comments and guest reviews, it appears that this is an ongoing issue. The hotel is at a great location and newly renovated so it looks fabulous. But I would not stay there again and risk the plumbing issue again. The saving grace for us was that it was just a one night weekend stay. I used combo points and cash for my room. For my experience, they agreed to a full refund. So far they have refunded the $150 but no sign of the 24,000 points. I figured if they don't give me back the points, then its just an indication that I should discontinue with their brand and go back to Marriott. I also wasn't going to post anything on TripAdvisor, but the keep sending me these surveys with link to TripAdvisor. Hopefully you will take these reviews and improve your hotel accordingly - and that my time is not a total waste.

5  Thank margaretkB7399JS
Reviewed 14 August 2017

The parking garage is an absolute dangerous adventure. Vehicles cannot go up and down simultaneously. I had to back up in a very tight space to the previous floor several times due to oncoming traffic.

WiFi connectivity is the absolute worse I have ever experienced at any hotel. We are frequent world travelers.

Our bed sheet had a stain of who knows what and the bed sheets do not fit the bed, so as you can imagine, not a great night of rest.

Room tip: Check your sheets.
Reviewed 14 August 2017

I travel a lot and stay at Embassy Suites around the U.S. whenever I can. I enjoy the property and the concept. I was visiting UC San Diego with my daughter and we stayed at the Embassy Suites La Jolla. It is wonderfully located close to a huge shopping area with great restaurants and also to the university. However, the hotel has the worst Wifi connection that I have seen. We called the front desk to say the Wifi kept losing connection and we could only barely get it in the front portion of the suite, not the bedroom where I was trying to work. The front desk person reported that the Wifi was working and had no other comments. When we checked out the next day, the folks at the front desk were apologetic about the wifi and said that they get many complaints about it. They also said it only appears to work toward the inner part of the hotel and not the bedrooms. I appreciated their honesty. This hotel needs to correct the wifi issue right away and not charge guest for wifi at all. The parking rates at this hotel are also a bit steep so be ready for that costs. The valet system is confusing. When driving on to the property, the valet is not by the front door, they are by a restaurant so you aren't sure who the valet service belongs. The staff was pleasant. The breakfast food presentation did not look as nice as other Embassy Suites. The fruit was in the bowls looked a bit old and the coffee station creates a bottle neck for people trying to get to the food. The bedrooms were clean and the bed comfortable. This property has higher rates and the service and amenities should be better (wifi, valet location and breakfast food presentation). In fact, the following night we stayed at Embassy Suites in Santa Ana which is undergoing major renovation with the entire middle section torn apart and the breakfast area in a temporary location, and the staff, wifi and breakfast service and presentation were far better.