“fantastic staff with excellent service”

Quality Inn San Diego Miramar
Ranked #186 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 6 June 2012

My wife and I stayed here on a business trip from the lsat part of May thru the first week of June. The manager, Rocky Mountain was nothing less than fantastic. Anything we needed he was the first to accomidate us. The hotel's shuttle van driver, Jose was the friendliest person you could ever meet. This stay was great and I would recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Erik L, Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Thank you for your wonderful recommendations. We strive to provide the best customer service to all of our guests. We work hard to build a core of friendly staff members who are assertive in being helpful and supportive. Our staff members are indeed accommodating and courteous. Your satisfaction is important to us and we hope to see you in the nearby future.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stayed 5 nights here with kids and it was a good experience. The room was comfortable and the flat screen was a nice touch. The breakfast was great, especially the waffles. The staff was nice and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. Our complimentary breakfast is certainly a guest favorite. We continue to provide selections that our guests will enjoy and its certainly one of our priorities. Our 40 inch flat screen televisions are programmed with Directv and we have received great feedback from our guests. We strive to provide a memorable and enjoyable experience for all of our guests and we hope that on your next visit, we will exceed all of your expectations.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

I had a great stay here. The hotel is right off the freeway but you cannot hear the noise. The rooms are arguably better than the competing hotels next door the Best Western & Holiday Inn, since they have new (so comfy) beds, and large HD flat screens in the rooms. Also wifi & mini fridge & microwave is complimentary and works well. The AC was powerful and quiet as well. All the staff members from Jimmy to Rocky were awesome and really took care of me. After Breakfast closed, I showed up -- but they accommadated me even though I was late by a
few minutes.
Downsides - parking lot needs some work. Also no jacuzzi. I think they were mentioned they might install one soon after the summer season is over, but definitely could have used a relaxing night in a jacuzzi.
Also, they were almost sold out so they only had handicap accessible rooms availabe, this kind of sucked because it had a standing shower & no tub. But they told me all the rooms do have tub showers, just the handicap don't.
All in all - it was a great stay I'll definitely be back. Great service, happy customers, happy staff, clean & friendly. Good access and great breakfast. Loved the waffle.

Cheers,
Sunir

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for sharing your fantastic experience with us. You have highlighted many of the amenities and features that we have present in the room and we certainly believe that these features add to a very memorable experience, but I am glad you highlighted our staff and how satisfied you are with their customer service. They are indeed accommodating and they understand that each guest will have different requests and needs. We apologize for the inconvenience of the standing shower, but the next time you make a reservation, I am sure we will make it a point to hold a room for you which will have a tub shower. We hope to see you again shortly.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

rocky was rude.all the other workers were nice.rooms smelled bad,,they had no scrambled eggs , had no jaccuzi, will not stay again

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
askadakia, Owner at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear Sir or Mam,

I sincerely apologize that you have felt this way about your stay here with us. Rocky is our GM and has excelled in customer service overall. I apologize that your particular stay was not up to expectations and I will make sure I address this with Rocky, as well as the rest of my staff. As far as the rest of the staff being "nice," I do appreciate that, and will let them know. The rooms are rountinely deep cleaned, in addition to the normal cleaning process. Sometimes there are some guests who leave foul odors in the rooms -- and if that missed the eye of our housekeeping staff, we do apologize. We are currently completing our routine quarterly deep cleaning, where we will shampoo all the carpets, wipe/wash the walls, deep clean the bathrooms, steam clean the curtains, and really make sure that each room is stellar. We currently do not have a jacuzzi - but we are in the process of working with the city to recieve permits to install one. While we do not have the facilities to produce scrambled eggs, we do offer hard boiled eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, tea, coffee, juice, pastries, muffins, danishes, make your own waffles, oatmeal, and various types of cereals. Our complimentary breakfast exceeds the standards of Quality Inn and we strive to achieve satisfied customers. Again, I sincerely apologize about your stay with us, and I really do hope you give us another shot because I am confident that you will not be dissapointed. Sincerely, Management.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

Friendly staff, nice rooms, and - my #1 thing about motels - the ventilation system is good!

The Chinese restaurant across the street is supposed to be quite good, but I haven't tried it yet.

1  Thank bensonarizona

Thank you for sharing your memorable experience with us. Your feedback lets us know that our hard-work is putting our property in the right direction. We are glad that your experience with us was pleasant and you would certainly consider staying with us again. The location is indeed great and we are nearby many different attractions which our guests certainly like to visit. I hope that you come see us again in the nearby future.